Caribou Gear

Garmin GPS

lastmountainman

Just wondering what the thoughts were on the different GPS. I was looking into buying a Garmin GPS and have been looking at the reviews. I noticed that all the reviews seemed to be from people that geocash and not from hunters. I would like to see what other hunters thougt about the different GPS units, ie: Montana, Dakota and Oregan. I don't need all the bells and whistles, just something that is accrute, easy to download maps and easy to see the display screen.

i have the oregon 450t and LOVE it! ive used it extensively in nevada, colorado, and mississippi and have never been disapointed. best o luck!

I have a Oregon 450 that I really like. I downloaded some maps From HuntingGPSmaps.com for my Wyoming antelope hunts last year. It was a huge advantage hunting the checkerboard areas.

got the 530 hcx for christmas and downloaded the hunting gps product, this thing is awesome i got it because of my buddy having the same unit and seeing how well it worked and the radio will be nice to have as well. Been doing a little geocahing here in town just to try it out and learn some of the ins and outs Im very pleased so far

Thanks for the advise. I really wanted to know what other hunters were saying about the different units. I have been hearing all the good things about the units, are there any bad's to these units?

Ive got a vista hcx w mapping,,,it was good at the time and has served well now for 4 years but am looking at getting the 62 st set up like fin has.

Would these unit be of any use while fishing for finding your way through trees, back to the boat ramp on new waters, or for marking honey holes?

I was looking for a unit that would work for me in any conditions - I prefer bulletproof over the latest features.

Watch out for screen brightness - some of the big screen units can be tough to read in sunlight. I also have had problems with touchscreens, so I like the pushbuttons of the 62 series. I wound up with the 62st, and find that the preloaded maps are very handy - I would pay extra for them.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sinhba
Back