Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Garmin Dakota 20 or Oregon 450?

emrah1028

I'm looking to upgrade from my bare-bones e-Trex. I've tried reading the differences between the two (Dakota 20 and Oregon 450) on the internet, but I'd really like to get your opinions.

What are the main differences? I am not concerned with 10,000 waypoints. But I would like a clear map, topo if possible (but not absolutely requisite), and maps. I'd like to know major things like, oh, mountains, roads, rivers, boundaries, etc. I haven't really had a "modern" GPS before. Do they even HAVE ones that show boundaries such as private/public land, hunting units, etc.?

Any help would be appreciated!

Emrah

Ive got a e trex vista cx{top of the line a few years back} and it works awesome with the gps maps.com sd card for whatever state your in.,,,from what all the talk and research ive been doing you may want to look at the 62st that garmin has,,,ive been thinkin hard of updatin to it,just havnt pulled the $432 trigger on it yet.oregon series may work for ya ,but take a look at the 62st before u buy.

I haver the dakota 20 with the huntinggpsmaps.com download and i love it works gerat and pretty inexpensive havent used the others though to tell you why mine is better just this one and an old lowarance ifinder hunt and this is a million times better.

my garmin vista cx isnt too shabby,,,color screen is too small,,also have maxed out my waypoints already at 350,,,other than that its very nice with the gps chip card for whatever state you pick,,wont go into woods without it now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VaDon
Back