PEAX Equipment

Garmin 62s problems?

Paisano

Anyone ever had their garmin slowly power off while trying to load maps right after you turn it on?

I'm having quite an ordeal with mine doing this. First I go to update my OnXMap chip online just to be sure nothing has changed in my hunt area. I update the chip but then, my garmin 62s says it can't unlock it. I contact OnXMaps and they send me an exchange form so, I send in the old chip for a new one. I slap the new one in the unit today and now, the gps starts to load the maps after you turn it on but then, the screen slowly fades and it powers off on it's own. WTH? So I go to basecamp and update the software on my garmin. Still no dice, no matter if I have the micro sd card in the gps or not, it powers down within 10-15 seconds of turning it on. I'm a little freaked out at this point since my old map76 went through 10 years of abuse and never missed a beat. This 62s has maybe been on 4 hunts and has been pampered to say the least. I don't know if this is an OnXMap induced problem or a garmin problem. I'll be contacting both asap. Any ideas? Thanks. Technology is great when it works...........

I've tried 3 different sets of batteries. I get about 20 seconds of use out of it before it dies..... I wish it would be that easy though....

I'm happy to report I spoke with Garmin and they said it sounds like a corrupted file which, could have come from anything I loaded on the unit. They were eager to help me and told me to send the unit in and they'd send me a new one. I think this is awesome since the unit was technically out of warranty. Hopefully all will go smooth from here. Pretty pumped about Garmin's service.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back