Game damage roster

mtlion

My wife is number two for elk in 360...think she'll get called?

Guess I should have mentioned MT game damage roster...

Last edited:
I would think so... I was granted a damage hunt in 6th last year... not your district though pending the qty of properties in the program I would think your wife is in... IMO.

I hope she gets called, in 8 years of elk hunting she has only taken one. A nice easy cow would be perfect for her. I have hunted a few of the ranches in the area when they had the hunts structured a little differently and always took a slickhead home with me.

I put in for the game damage in 380 for elk, 512 registered...current position 500. I guess that just means I drew the tag this year. :~)

I would think so... I was granted a damage hunt in 6th last year... not your district though pending the qty of properties in the program I would think your wife is in... IMO.

What time of year were you called Sytes?

They'll end it when there are no elk left, then again that hasn't stopped them from keeping the upper Gallatin open.

There isn't 30% of the elk there was 10-15 years ago in 360. They're doing a great job of keeping the herds under control thats for sure.

I don't mean to bust your balls (or your wife's) about the game damage roster thing. I just get disgusted with the fish and game and their constant battle to wipe out the elk.

My dad has gone the last two years and I went last year. We get on the lists to fill the freezer as long as F&G keeps them going. I think they are walking a fine line with sustainability of the elk herd if they keep this up much longer however.

I don't mean to bust your balls (or your wife's) about the game damage roster thing. I just get disgusted with the fish and game and their constant battle to wipe out the elk.

Most of the blame should be directed at the legislature, as that's where the mandate came from. Also the Elk Working groups cater (at times) to landowners that don't like elk eating them out of house and home. I'd just like to see everything done to ensure elk survivability before death.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutflys
Back