MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Fwp December commission meeting

Interesting. I also heard a rumor that unlimited archery antelope will be proposed at the meeting as well. I hope these rumors are not true. It seems like if true the current process is setting up to embrace corruption
I hope they aren’t true but where there’s smoke there’s fire . You know damn well they (the commission) is going to try and sneak some things through .

Surely this isn't the same commission that just admitted to wrongdoing after being sued for conducting illegal meetings and discussing regulatory changes behind closed doors? Right? Cause I think that was only settled in court less than two months ago?

Another thing that is infuriating is that the commission seems to not be recognizing the new elk plan at all. If you read the goals for 700 and 417, these proposals don't align with those goals at all. A lot of work and time went into the new elk plan and they are already not following it.

As a reminder, the deadline to sign up to comment on Zoom is noon today.

Surely this isn't the same commission that just admitted to wrongdoing after being sued for conducting illegal meetings and discussing regulatory changes behind closed doors? Right? Cause I think that was only settled in court less than two months ago?

It sure sounds like conversations have been had, and the public should know who on the commission had em and when. An illegal meeting can occur if a quorum deliberates on business outside of a posted meeting, even if the quorum does not meet at one time or place or in person.

Last edited:
Over 70% of WT tested positive for CWD in the Ruby Valley, and over 50% of MD if I heard that correctly. Everyone load up your weapons

Over 70% of WT tested positive for CWD in the Ruby Valley, and over 50% of MD if I heard that correctly. Everyone load up your weapons
Does this mean the “carpet bomb” strategy that FWP is using isn’t making a difference? I live here and know pretty much every rancher here. The two ranches that have the majority of the problem have killed 90+% of their deer and still have high prevalence. Would it be the same if we weren’t killing everyday that walks?

Was planning to talk today but stuck at home with a sick kiddo. Judging by public comments, I’m not expecting strong participation.

Is there an actual structure to these meetings? How did we go from talking about CWD in region 3, to deer numbers in region 6, to listening to a Footloose henchmen from Butte in the last 15 minutes?
Oh it gets better. Wait until Tabor starts throwing out his “random” (pre-arranged) proposals.

Is there an actual structure to these meetings? How did we go from talking about CWD in region 3, to deer numbers in region 6, to listening to a Footloose henchmen from Butte in the last 15 minutes?
I missed the opening discussion about deer and then suddenly wolves. Everyone is very angry.

Does this mean the “carpet bomb” strategy that FWP is using isn’t making a difference? I live here and know pretty much every rancher here. The two ranches that have the majority of the problem have killed 90+% of their deer and still have high prevalence. Would it be the same if we weren’t killing everyday that walks?

"When you're in a hole, keep digging", has been the FWP creed on a lot of things over the years. Shoulder Seasons come to mind.

Just got an email from FWP as this meeting is going on that we need to kill all deer in the Ruby. Extended hunt from Dec 15 to Feb 15. Ridiculous, this won't accomplish anything except kill off the deer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back