Funny Hunter Quotes/Lingo

Here is a quote that I use a lot that is not cringeworthy...Embrace the suck. I use it with my kids all the time when they look like they need it. It reminds them that yes, this sucks now, but you need to put forth the effort in order to be successful. If I need to go to stage 2, that is ......Suck it up Buttercup!

Not hunting related but every time someone ask my granddad if we caught and fish after returning to the dock he always had the same answer:
“Why hell no damn water was to f*>#n wet”!

Here is a quote that I use a lot that is not cringeworthy...Embrace the suck. I use it with my kids all the time when they look like they need it. It reminds them that yes, this sucks now, but you need to put forth the effort in order to be successful. If I need to go to stage 2, that is ......Suck it up Buttercup!
That saying actually has military roots

"I have been running this new 200mm spotter from Like-a-rovski this season, and man, it can really pick apart some ground...."

WTF does 'running' a (fill in the blank) even mean? Do you mean you are "using" a new bow/gun/boot/tent? I heard someone say they are "stoked" to be "running the new MTN Ops powder. It's really making a difference.".......are you f**king kidding me? First, no, you are not 'running' it. It is a drink mix. Second, it is overpriced Tang that doesn't even taste as good.

Also, a big HELL NO to any "backcountry hunting athlete training programs" that have the words elite, tactical, battle-ready, or "blood, sweat, tears" in them. Also, if you show up in a black and white photo shirtless with the 'angry face' of a 'true mountain warrior', that is also a hell no. You know who you are.....stop it with the "resting beast mode" face. It's embarrassing.
Sure, getting in shape and staying in shape is a great idea. I don't need a sleeve tattoo, sculpted beard or the aura of an 'operator' to get in shape...
I used to think this was a Utah thing but it seems like Bozeman's become a new epicenter.

Uh no he is definitely not. I have a ton of respect for him. He's a great guy, probably one of the most humble people I've ever met.
If I remember correctly his IG is private, which is a rare thing in the hunting industry.

I agree, I have tons of respect for Kurt.

I used to think this was a Utah thing but it seems like Bozeman's become a new epicenter.
It is terrifying and real. The green zombie ibex horns will find you....and make you do burpees with a kettlebell ratchet-strapped to your taint. ONE MORE REP!!!!
And then it is on to "Deadfall Box Jumps" followed by Viking coffee made with real cobra blood and single origin Guatemalan beans. Next stop, orthopedic surgeon, cuz if your knees aren't wrecked, you didn't work hard enough.

The only way to fight it is by working out in total isolation, eating Papa Murphy's pizza cold while hiking with a weighted pack (gotta lay down some carbs for the workout!) and drinking alcohol afterwards to ignite your inner Irish mob boss. I am not a mountain athlete, I am A FOOTHILLS WARRIOR!!!

Sleep system
Cook System
Layering System
Kill Kit
E Scouting
Runnin'
Elk Seminar
Hunting Summit
Bag Dump
Gear Dump
2-day rip
Crushing Vert
Dumping Heat
Savage

All make me want to puke. Sometimes I wonder if they are invading Normandy or trying to shoot a raghorn.
I'm gonna cut my toothbrush down to the nub to save 1.5 oz but pack a coors light for 3 days so I can take a cool photo for my Instagram...

"ancient old crusty muley buck"
"crusty old bull"
"crusty mountain troll"
"ol' crusty"

Last edited:
Back