Yeti GOBOX Collection

Funny Autocorrect/Autotype Stories

VikingsGuy

My typing skills on a tiny iphone are not great to begin with, but autocorrect just makes it worse. Many funny moments, but here is one of the better ones:

I am taking my 80yo mother to a somewhat routine outpatient surgery. My sister asked that I let her know when she was out of the procedure. All goes well, and while waiting for them to get ready to discharge her I text my sister that, "Mom is done". 30 seconds later my phone rings - it is my sister. I answer and get hit with, "you *sshole, how could you text something like that instead of calling?" Turns out I had not noticed that a typo in "done" resulted in the iPhone inserting "dead". The final text was, "Mom is dead".

How 'bout yours?

I had shared this one previously. This wasn’t autocorrect but was the result
of talk to text while driving, so not really able to double check things closely before sending. Setting: this is to a new client I had just met and done a repair job for.

What it was supposed to say:

“That hole looks huge in that picture, but it is actually only 3/16 of an inch. I zoomed in so you could see the concrete dust and fibers. I filled that with white caulk.”

What my phone thought I said:

“That hole looks huge in that picture, butt is actually only 3/16 of an inch. I zoomed in so you could see the concrete dust and fibers. I feel bad with white @#)(#.”

Lots of minor ones of my own, but the best one I’ve heard was from my sister in law. She was texting a coworker about an event they were hosting. My SIL wanted to let the other woman know that she was on her way but needed to stop and “get some things”. The message the coworker received was that she had to stop on the way and “bed a thug”. 🤣🤣

Not a autocorrect but a few weeks ago I received a nasty text from a scumbag family member. Usually I don’t waste my time responding but this one really pissed me off. So I type out about the most vile texts I ever have in return to hoping this would end any future dealings with them. About a minute later my phone dings. I accidentally sent it to my wife instead of the other person. I just got “WTF?????”:

Probably a good thing it didn’t go to the right person, going into the sewer to argue with turds doesn’t gain a person much.

Thanks to my voice to text function function, I have texted a lot of people to tell them I was going dick hunting or that I was having dick for dinner

The funny part is that I could see it actually translated duck correctly. But, after a little hesitation, it would change to dick just before I hit send.

Maybe, I should sue Verizon.

Last edited:
Dock autocorrects to dick too. this time of year my buddies and i all start texting about when we will get together to put our....docks....in.

My dad with his old flip phone could never get the hang of texting. All. of. his. texts. came. out. like. this. He didnt like texting so he would shorten phrases and words to the point we couldnt decipher them. So naturally, we interpreted them however we wanted and would tease him mercilessly! My brother and I used to get a lot of amusement out of his texting.

Was running a transmission line rebuild project after a big fire a few years back. Due to the size I had requested mutual aid and had crews working from all over the west coast, one being the Sacramento Municipal Utility District, aka SMUD.

After about a week I thought I’d shoot off a quick text to their Director as they were really kicking ass on their part of the job. Can’t remember exactly how I worded it but something along the lines of how grateful I was for SMUD; how efficient SMUD is; don’t know where we’d be without SMUD; how much I enjoyed SMUD; etc.

Was surprised when I got a text back full of laughing emojis?? Then I saw that every reference to SMUD had been changed to SMUT! 🤦🏼

My grandparents played a trick on me. My grandfather sent a text to my grandmother. GNOC. My grandmother ask me what it meant and I told her it was either a mistake in typing on my grandfathers part or the stupid phone printed something different than what he meant to say. ( although I knew what it meant but honestly thought he had mistyped )

So I sent a text to him saying we didn't understand his text. He sent one back saying tell your grandmother to, get naked on cam. Needless to say I was solid red for a minute or two

My grandparents played a trick on me. My grandfather sent a text to my grandmother. GNOC. My grandmother ask me what it meant and I told her it was either a mistake in typing on my grandfathers part or the stupid phone printed something different than what he meant to say. ( although I knew what it meant but honestly thought he had mistyped )

So I sent a text to him saying we didn't understand his text. He sent one back saying tell your grandmother to, get naked on cam. Needless to say I was solid red for a minute or two
Don't stop there! Did grandma get necked or not?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back