Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

FS: New 50 cal. CVA Wolf with 3x9 scope

Brian in Montana

This rifle is brand new, never been fired. I bought it about a year ago to replace an old sidelock ML I was having trouble with, but then my place hunt with muzzleloader evaporated shortly thereafter. I just have no particular use for this gun now. It came as a package deal with the Konus 3x9 scope and the soft case. It's stainless steel. Has good reviews.

I'd also put in a package of 20 T/C Cheap Shot saboted bullets, 240gn hollow points. And 20 T/C Maxi-Hunter pre-lubbed bullets, 275gn. And a T/C primer caddy for 209 primers. Bullets and caddy are still in their packaging.

I'm not real interested in haggling - for $300 I'll send it all and cover shipping. No FFL necessary since it's a muzzleloader.IMG_20201209_113840730.jpgIMG_20201209_113919712.jpgIMG_20201209_113948503.jpgIMG_20201209_115348778.jpgIMG_20201209_121042850.jpg

Nerf dart not included.

PayPal is good, or money order. I'm on COVID quarantine until December 16, so I couldn't ship it until after then. PM me if interested.

Do you know if this would be a legal muzzleloader in Idaho? I don’t know much about muzzleloader but I would like to get one just to open up more season.

Do you know if this would be a legal muzzleloader in Idaho? I don’t know much about muzzleloader but I would like to get one just to open up more season.
As is, I kind of don't think so. If I understand it correctly, the thing that would make it illegal is whether the primer is exposed to the elements or not. In this muzzleloader, the primer is not exposed, but I think you can replace the breach plug with one that complies with Idaho's law. Seems like it wouldn't be hard, but I've never done it.

Last edited:
Fairly certain modern muzzleloaders require an FFL for shipping. That only applies to "antique" or replicas.

I believe the difference is whether or not it's a cartridge firearm. Also whether a background check is necessary. Any cartridge gun requires an FFL unless it was made some year in the 1800's. When I ordered this gun it was delivered straight to the post office.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back