Front Country Tool Box Items

smw110136

First year taking a UTV elk hunting. Mainly going to use it to keep from banging my old pickup around too much while getting to access points. Don't plan on going too far in or using it to drive in a camp. That being said, I was curious what you guys pack in the toolbox on a standard trip. We're going in September so DEEP snow isn't much of a concern. Already equipped with a front end winch

-12v tire pump
-Several patch kits
-Spare key
-Couple cans of Fix-A-Flat
-1 gallon of gas
-Folding saw
-Tow rope

What am I over looking or what other items do you more experienced UTV/ATV hunters try to make sure you have before you leave home for a week to hunt?

Thanks in advance.

Even if you have a winch, a come-a-long can go a long ways toward fixing some problems. I also keep a tree saver strap so my cable or rope doesn't cut into the tree if I'm using it to pull with.

I've taken to carrying a little lithium battery jump starter kit as well but haven't actually used it so probably not very necessary.

Not sure what you are going to use the fix-a-flat on if you have plugs and a air pump. I also generally don't carry any extra gas with me, but I know how far I can go on a tank of gas and make sure I don't push the envelope on that.

I carry a little shovel and a little axe as well.

Short tow strap (4') for towing/winching deadfalls, 2 tire plug kits(on 3or4 plugs u need 2 tools simultaneously) little tube rubber cement, basic hand tools, duct tape and bow saw. I go long distance back in mine sometimes so i pack a emergency kit: space blanket/firestarter/1-mre/2 bottles of water/paracord/flashlight/ handwarmers, basically enough to make it allnight if i have to walk out. luckly i have plenty of out of the way storage so can pack extra and never worry about space.

Thank you all for your replies. I've always just hiked or packed in with llamas so using a UTV/ATV extensively is foreign to me. I appreciate all the suggestions from those more experienced than myself

Back