From the "Oh, s**t" department

dgibson

This one speaks for itself. ;) **EDITED FOR PROFANITY :D **
Blacksville, West Virginia-AP -- Warning: Smoking in the outhouse can be dangerous.

A man is recovering from burns after lighting a cigarette in a portable outhouse -- causing the outhouse to explode.

It happened yesterday in Blacksville, West Virginia.

A spokeswoman for Monongalia (mahn-un-GAYL'-yuh) Emergency Medical Services said the explosion was caused by a build-up of methane gases inside the outhouse. She said the methane didn't "take too kindly" to the lit cigarette.

The man's name and condition aren't being released, but emergency officials say he wasn't severely hurt and drove himself to a clinic.

LOL, I saw this, I suppose that is one reason to give up smoking because it will kill you... :eek:

:( :rolleyes: :rolleyes: pony is a thinkin - a crapper that has methane built up in it.............. ain't been cleaned in awhile :confused: ......... pony woulda went ta tha woods........heheheheheheheheheheheeheheheheeee :D ;)

The first time I saw this headline, it said it was in "WV". I thought it said "WY", and I was just sure it was somebody from Carbon County! :D

(a few of you should get the joke) ;)

Oak

Most of the commercially manufactured fiberglass outhouses have a ventilation stack built in to prevent the buildup of methane gas and odors. Some of the old hillbilly one-holers weren't. I did hear of an incident where someone had disposed of some paint rags (contaminated with a flammable solvent) down the glory hole, only to have "grandpaw" unknowingly toss a lit ciggy down the chute nearly blowing his arse to kingdom come.

Personally, I burned down the family crapper and nearly got the barn when I was about 6 years old. Wasps had built a nest underneath the throne area of the outhouse. They saw my little pink butt as a perfect opportunity to practice their terrorist bombing maneuvers. I had seen my dad burn out wasp nests with a kerosene soaked rag attached to a pole or piece of conduit. I thought that if a little was good, a lot would be better. I dumped a whole gallon of kerosene down the glory hole and threw in a match! KA-WHOOOOOOM! Little kid sitting flat of his butt outside, empty kerosene can in his hand, wondering where the hell his eyebrows went...outhouse engulfed in flames...sagebrush onfire and wind heading it toward the barn...nothing to do but sound the alarm and suffer the consequences later. Mom got wet gunnysacks and we got the sagebrush extinguished...but the poor old crapper was history. I got endentured into the digging of the new pit and carrying the lumber to build a new one. I still get blisters on my hands just thinking of digging a hole out of solid clay with a pick. I've found that Brake-Kleen works better on the wasps, and isn't nearly as flammable.
elkgrin.gif
That stuff will shoot about 20-30 feet with that little red straw attached.

-RogueWarrior-

Dan, I think he had more issues than that. Something about a problem maneuvering through the doorway. Ended up on crutches, even.

Oak

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back