Yeti GOBOX Collection

Friendly wager?...........

I'm not even thinking about losing this Bet. Heading to NM but unit 23. The northern part that will be well hunted by the time I get there.
I will be hunting the AZ border country tho. Hope my ass doesn't end up in an Alpine Jail.

cheers
Roadtrip.

Hey Fecl...got any pointers down that way?

Deerslry, since I know where you are hunting in NM, you having never been there before won't be a handicap for you. My 3yr old could arrow a nice 6X6 in that place, they are thick there and the hunting will be action packed and easy compared to typical mountain elk hunting! I'm envious of you guys and I won't make any bets on big elk. Of course, making bets pisses off the hunting gods. They will make the wind blow at your back during the whole hunt.

calf hunter, rumour has it, probably the biggest bulls in NM live in unit 13. Are you going to be hunting near Datil?

As a matter of fact, Greenhorn - - yes. I've never heard that rumor before, though. I have seen many large bulls in the area over the last 3 years. A lot of them have broken antlers, too! We will be right outside Datil. Any tips?

Just for heavens sake, don't bet on the outcome... ;)

[ 08-27-2004, 00:05: Message edited by: ELKCHSR ]

Only 2 bets I can make about elk is that I will not see a wild elk this year. Any takers? :rolleyes:

But I do wish y'all the best and I bet that I will be seeing some BIG BULL PICS posted this year. :cool:

Nut.. that was only ONE bet.. not 2 ?

We'll post some for ya, You can BET on that :D

Good luck to all of you guys !!! Betting or not.

Greeny, you are a funny SOB! :D ..anyone notice how he never makes a typo or spelling error, yet couldn't get mine nor Cali's name right ;) .....I have to admit...I laughed my ass off at the reference to "calf hunter"...your a funny bastard Kurt.

In light of new information, I withdraw any part of a friendly wager or sidebet. I can't afford to have the hunting Gods mad at me on this one.

...afterall, even Gummer could arrow a 6x6...that at least gives me some hope! Damn Greeny, is little Gummer already 3, no shit?! Man, time flys !

In all seriousness though.....taking you at your word....I plan to either come out of there with a really good bull or a cow. It is either wallhanger or meat..no since in shooting a dink in a great area.....may as well shoot a calf in that case.

I caught the "Calf Hunter" reference, but still didn't know if he was serious about the Datil area or making fun of my little 6x6 from 3 years ago. To which all I can say, is - I admit I'm no Kurt (or any of his buddies), but a lot of people on here have never gotten a 6x6 at all! So I was quite happy with it.

Look on the bright side Cali..at least you know what calf hunter means!.....I am still scratching my head wondering what a deerslry is!!! :eek:

Your too damn funny Ray! :D ...must be something about killing a bunch of big ass elk that gives you guys such a sense of humor?

...that being the case, I should be a heck of a lot funnier in about a week!
hump.gif
.....can you said "TOAD!"?... ;)

calf hunter..
couldn't help it, just thought that was funny. No tips on the area, I just have heard from a few folks that have hunted there, the bulls can be few and far between, and really huge. I have a friend that is going on a guided hunt in 13 this month, on either private land or the Indian res (Acoma).. not really sure, but it's expensive. There are 400" bulls there.

Good luck to you guys, it will be a fun fall for sure!

Back