Friend and Elkhunter Dropped from the heavens only to return

JohnSWA

Senior Thread Mover
Maybe my Zonie brothers have seen the news about my friend John Cox.

John was an incredible aircraft mechanic. There was nothing he didn't know about airplanes be it General Aviation or Jets. He had his IA (Inspection Authority) for Gen Aviation and was a Technical Foreman for Flightline maintenance at SWA. He flew all over the country to troubleshoot problems that most competent mechanics couldn't figure out.

He took another SWA friend (Wes) out on a ride on his Lancair last night and it was his (their) last flight on earth. We don't have all of the evidence in yet, but apparently it looks like the plane was in a flat spin which he couldn't correct.

I'll miss John! (I didn't know Wes too well) He gave me my first and only "Top Wrench" award. John always had a smile on his face and was always asking about your family and if you got drawn for the up and coming hunt. John was also an avid Elk hunter.

Life is waaaay to short. Please count your blessings and cherish what you have. Who knows if any of us will have a tomorrow.

Man, that sucks John. I am sorry to hear this. I will pass on prayers to their families and be thinking of the. Keep us updated if you hear anymore.

Good friends are indeed hard to find and harder yet to part with.
I feel for you John and my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

MarvB

I am very sorry to hear about your loss John... Hope all goes well in the future and his spirit help to pull a good elk for you to remember him by...

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back