Caribou Gear

Friday Music: Storytellers

May be a bit cheesy though this one hit me back in the day. No personal loss related... though the story was a real pull.

Sytes. Brad Paisley Whiskey Lullaby is another one that some feel is a bit dark --or sad--or even forgiving

Twisted sage. Jim Croce (-: love ( and it fits at this point ) Time in a Bottle

Harley. Thank you again for that tune ( Emmylou ) It was just dumb ass luck that my husband and I were in the right place at the right time, before they were famous . Taylor, Fry, Linda, Gram, Emmylou, etc etc --you and probably a minimum of a dozen others here would have loved it. We have a gentlemen on the forum from Oregon that was also lucky enough to have been there and done that (-:

Although, Emmylou started in the Village in New York, she found her way to the Troubadour ----"Time in a Bottle" or maybe "The way we were" fits better. " Memories are so beautiful, and yet, whats to painful to remember, we simply choice to forget"

Thanks for all the tunes and memories guys, good thread

Jim Croce , Time in a Bottle, is a song that tells a sorry that hits very close to home right now

44hunter45 , thank you also. Take it Easy is another one of theirs that tells a story AND it happens in Arizona (-;

Lige, also, Coward of the County was another good story by Kenny

Ken ( post 47 ) THANK YOU, I had forgotten that tune, thank you

Tradewind. Thank you very much. Loved your reply, the key is to be paying attention--thank you and good luck next week

the story Janis told in Me and Bobby MaGee hit pretty close to home for her. Regardless it is a good story song and she sang it well

What do you think guys should we be kind to any Disco followers here and post Donna--last dance (-;

and dont forget Carly --your so vain-- that was a story song about someone in her life --- was it Warren or Mick ? (-:
April,

Yes!
"Lyin' Eyes", too. I think I've posted that one too many times to do it again though.

I had to do one more to remind April that my musical taste is pretty broad. I have to post one song that makes her shake her head.

I am supposed to be descended from Robert the Bruce. Which isn't saying much because those Scottish Lairds were randy fellows. I can't pass up a good Jacobite anthem.

Down from the glen came the marching men
With their shields and their swords
To fight the fight
They believed to be right
Overthrow the overlords

To the town where there was plenty
They brought plunder, swords and flame
When they left, the town was empty
And children would never play again

From their graves I heard the fallen
Above the battle cry
By that bridge near the border