Friday Music “ anything country/western “ cowboy up Hunttalk !

For country music lovers out there, we lost a great one last week. Bell was one of the kindest, most accepting people you would ever meet. Somehow he had a knack for walking up to total strangers and making a friend almost instantly. He had a warm inviting smile that seemed to be permanently plastered to his face, and damnit he was good at guitar and singing country music. His self-titled album released in 2014 didn't make it out of my truck's CD player for probably 6 straight months after it came out, it's worth a listen if you haven't heard his music. Here's to you Luke, I miss you already brother, rest in peace.

Sad deal for sure.

A Texas band for the only Texan I can tolerate.

Had to look up alt country only to find it was a sub genre of outlaw country which is a sub genre of traditional country. Hell I thought Willie, Townes, and Steve Earle were pretty darned traditional.

Good band from Denton. I’ve not listened to much of their stuff but like the 12 string incorporation and writing.

You don't often see mellifluous used in conjunction with country music but Cody Johnson is pitch perfect even with namedropping trite lyrics...Nashville does know how to arrange sound.

Back