PEAX Equipment

Fresh Maine Brookies

maineiac

Sure wish I could tell a story like got fish.Took a little walk down along a small stream today that I usta fish in my youth.Beautiful day,relived some boyhood memories,and caught 2 brookies 15",1 12",1 11",1 9".Be some nice comin outa the frypan tomorrow nite for supper. :D :D :D Keep your lines tight and your nightcrawlers fresh folks. ;) :cool:

maineiac, no need to tell a great story, just so long as you tell us about your fish.

Come July when the snow is gone enough in the mountains to get to a certain lake I will be heading out for some brookies. The first time there I caught 21 brookies and the next morning I got another 19 in 3 hours. The lake is at roughly 9500 feet and from the trail head it is some 4 miles and one of the prettiest lakes I have ever seen. Not a very big lake, but chock full of fish. On the way up to the lake one can enjoy the views of the mountains, elk, deer and moose. Onec at the lake it is common to view moose and eagles while you fish.

One thing I forgot to tell about is what Mother Nature has done to the woods.When I was 16,the blowdowns and brushpiles didnt seem nowhere near as high. :eek: Theres a little trail that runs along the brook,and the spiderwebs across it seemed like 1/4" nylon rope. :mad: Needless to say,this 39 yo boy with a 16 yo heart slept like a baby last night. :D :D

I don't get to catch any thing on an avarege that big. But In some of these little creeks around here with the beaver ponds no one fishes. I can come up with some 150 a day. It's great fun. I can't wait for the season to open. I have only one more dead weekend left and then I can go...YEEHAA!!!
What I like best is to start a little fire and roast them over it. a little salt and pepper to taste and one is in heaven.... :D

elkhunter,
I would be really interested to hear more details about this special lake you mentioned. I'm thinking about taking the fam on vacation next year, and this spot sounds real nice. is it away from all the touristy hot spots? how hard is the hike?

It is an easy hike, steady rise in elevation over the 4 miles. I would be more than happy to take you there and maybe a few others if you are interested. This year will hopefully be a year of exploring some mountain lakes with a rod & reel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back