Freezer question

NDMuley

Wonder how big of a freezer I will need to have if I am successful in harvesting my cow elk this year. Thanks for the input.

Some website called Bow Addicted has a pretty thorough rundown of freezer sizes for game if you run it through the Google machine. The TLDR is that 7 cu ft is more spacious than you might imagine.

7 cu ft ~ 198L
198L/65 ~3

A 7cu ft freezer is roughly equal to three 65L coolers.
Yes. What he said.

Arithmetic GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Anyone have any brand recommendations? I'm looking to add an add'l one in my garage, and my old one will hold water jugs, hide, other science project. I'm pretty sure I want another chest freezer.

Sorry to OP for hijacking.

Ive always had good luck with whirlpool appliances. Make sure you buy one that is NOT frost free if you plan to keep meat in it for a while.

Ive always had good luck with whirlpool appliances. Make sure you buy one that is NOT frost free if you plan to keep meat in it for a while.
Frost free, meaning it doesn't have that fan to regulate the temps correct? You're talking about one that will ice up the walls.

Anyone have any brand recommendations? I'm looking to add an add'l one in my garage, and my old one will hold water jugs, hide, other science project. I'm pretty sure I want another chest freezer.
Sunstar, if you want to go ultra efficient. I live off grid and rely on solar and generator for electricity, so efficiency is critical. They're more expensive but use less than a fifth of the power of the same size conventional freezer.

Last edited:
MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back