Freeze Dried Meals

After reading this thread, it seems I'm the only one who likes MH stroganoff.
No worries it’s in my top 5. MH and BP are basically all I still eat when eating freeze dried. If it ain’t broke… or you keep your expectations low…

I went hard to Asian cuisine this year
Peak Refuel - chicken teriyaki, coconut curry, sweet and sour pork, all not great. Dal Bhat was very good.
Backcountry pantry: green curry gross. Kathmandu curry, both pad Thai, and everything else I had were great.

I went hard to Asian cuisine this year
Peak Refuel - chicken teriyaki, coconut curry, sweet and sour pork, all not great. Dal Bhat was very good.
Backcountry pantry: green curry gross. Kathmandu curry, both pad Thai, and everything else I had were great.
The sweet and sour pork was terrible way to sweet and I had a soy sauce pouch to add. My favorite this year was the Peak Refuel chicken pesto had 3-4 this fall. Tried Good to Go chicken gumbo it was alright and their mushroom risotto which was pretty good.

I don't do well with the pre-made meals so I went with straight freeze-dried chicken, potatoes, green beans this year. I brought olive oil and spices to add to it and was really pleased. It's boring but I'm fine with eating the same thing a couple of times a day for five days. It beats the problems I have from the meals.

Thrive Foods chicken

Nutristore potatoes and green beans

Been a big fan of the peak meals lately- chicken curry being my current favorite.
Have picked them up directly, through blackovis, or other promos that pop up.

Also big fan of the Alpen Fuel granola- Carmel apple being my current favorite
I’m with Andrew the Chicken Curry by Peak is my favorite.

Backcountry pantry: green curry gross. Kathmandu curry
Kathmandu curry is not good.

Green Curry is $*)Q!#@$ awful, in 20 years the only de-hi I haven’t been able to eat.

This year my buddy said, “why get different ones, why not 10x one that you love or 5x 2.”

Because I’m dumb, apparently.

But just to reiterate $*)Q!#@$ awful

Green Curry is $*)Q!#@$ awful, in 20 years the only de-hi I haven’t been able to eat.

This year my buddy said, “why get different ones, why not 10x one that you love or 5x 2.”

I still ate it, but it was hands down the most awful meal I've ever stomached.

I’ve found I’m not a backcountry pantry fan, at all. I’ve yet to find something by them I really like. I like most Peaks, and some MH. Going to experiment with Gastro Gnome this spring.

Yeah I opted for 1500 calories of sour trolli worms.
I took one for the team. My wife picked it out for one of her meals on our backpacking trip. She took one bite and about threw up. So I traded her my Peak. I'd packed pretty light on food, and it was a really cold night, so I just pinched my nose and shoveled it down as fast as I could.

I took one for the team. My wife picked it out for one of her meals on our backpacking trip. She took one bite and about threw up. So I traded her my Peak. I'd packed pretty light on food, and it was a really cold night, so I just pinched my nose and shoveled it down as fast as I could.
And they say chivalry is dead

I gotta say, it’s good to share notes on this stuff. Nothing like spending 10-15 bucks on a meal you need to pitch or burn. I’m relying more and more on this stuff just for packing space and ease in camp. The ones I’ve had literally range from excellent to what the hell are people thinking. I’m trying to stay on the excellent side of things.

Surprised I haven’t seen MH lasagna on this list. That’s my go to, along with biscuits and gravy. I like the Peak breakfasts with the strawberry granola too, and I got some Pad Thai that was really good too but I can’t remember the brand. And like most of you, can’t stand the Stroganoff. If you wait till hunting season to buy that seems like all that’s left on the shelf. Rookie mistake if you get stuck with Stroganoff if you ask me, but apparently a few of you weirdos like it 😂

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaileyB
Back