Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Found One….#1 that is

The falling block rifles are beautiful in their simplicity. Far more elegant than break open single shots, suggesting the evolution to lever actions but still insisting the shooter make this shot count. Friend carried a Ruger #1 in 7RM for elk. It was on the heavy side, but it balanced between the hands so that it felt lighter, tempting one to snap it to the shoulder and see the reticle instantly before the eye. I think the short, solid action gives the falling blocks their balanced, nuanced proportion and handling.
I'm kinda fond of my break open, myself.
Henry brass single shot in 45-70.

Attachments

• 2Q==.jpg
    2Q==.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 2
I’m not usually a #1 fan, but that mannlicher stock sure makes it look nice

Since I shot my buddies a few years ago I have been hunting for just the right #1. I found a Stainless Laminate in 22-50 a while ago. I absolutely love it. Now I'm hunting for another Stainless Laminate in 6.5 Creedmoor.2150 (1).jpeg

1-V?

Bet it's a blast to operate...
Yes Sir! Seeing that I'm not a "must be perfect and all original" collector, I have clearanced the forearm and bedded it at the receiver. Developing loads for it have been a challenge with the 14-1 twist. I haven't really found anything it REALLY likes except Nosler 62gr. Varmegeddon. It gives 1" moa consistently. I tried the same load with the Barnes TTSX and TSX and get 12" groups as it won't stabilize the bullet. I got some Barnes 50 and 53 down to 1 1/2 -2" but I know the rifle is capable of better.

I purchased my first #1 1977 and it was 7mag. I killed my first bull when we moved to Co using it. I hunted about 10yrs using it then moved on to bolt action. I still have it and had it changed over to 30-338 mag few years back.

I also have #1 tight neck 6ppc and tight neck 22BR and both have set triggers.
KP did 30-338 mag/ 22BR and Hart did 6ppc.

Still itching to shoot her….life keeps happening!!! Wife had a crown come apart yesterday so at the dentist w that…in laws coming over for the weekend…so cleaning up for that
ARRRGGGGHHHH!!! She’s sitting there, staring at me!!!!

No desk pop? Everyone does a desk pop when they get something that beautiful.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back