Fort Collins hunting partner

Darkhorn

Hi All looking for a hunting partner for 2020 and beyond. I have lost 2 of my hunting partners this year. First wasn’t a great fit and second is moving for work. I still have my brother but would love to have a couple folks to hunt with. I have young kids which leads me too why I don’t have time to go out finding many new hunting buddies. If you are in a similar boat and would be interested in maybe a simple hunt next year to see if we would make a good team let me know.

Hi Darkhorn - care to share any info about what style / species / etc. you're focusing on in 2020? Cheers.

You bet! I am thinking deer or speed goats for a first hunt with someone. My favorite is mule deer so always looking for someone interested in deer. As for my other plans the only hunt I have pretty well locked in is a Muley hunt in wyo that will be a family deal with my brother some cousins and my uncle. Style I like optics, figuring stuff out and moving in. This passed year went on two hunts: deer and antelope and was blessed to notch both tags. As for general knowledge I have hunted MT, CO and WYO with success on various species in each. Which leads me to something that I would love to find in a hunting partner is someone willing to hunt more than just CO.

I love just east of fort collins and work there. I am always looking for hunting/ fishing buddies. I mainly hunt archery but always willing to do rifle hunts. Message me for any info, I'm always down for getting a beer or hitting the hard water this time of year.

Darkhorn, I'm living between Greeley and Johnstown. I muzzleloader elk hunt with a group of friends who are all around Denver, but I'm looking to do some deer hunting in northern/eastern Colorado. Lived a few years in Cheyenne and hunted, unsuccessfully, the Medicine Bow. The lope in my profile pic was in Wyo.

You bet! I am thinking deer or speed goats for a first hunt with someone. My favorite is mule deer so always looking for someone interested in deer. As for my other plans the only hunt I have pretty well locked in is a Muley hunt in wyo that will be a family deal with my brother some cousins and my uncle. Style I like optics, figuring stuff out and moving in. This passed year went on two hunts: deer and antelope and was blessed to notch both tags. As for general knowledge I have hunted MT, CO and WYO with success on various species in each. Which leads me to something that I would love to find in a hunting partner is someone willing to hunt more than just CO.

how are you hunting speed goats two years in a row in CO? Seems like it is private property or years of points.

Haven't tried lopes in CO. I would assume the Pawnee to the east or north of Craig out west. Both probably take a few points.

Hi All to clarify on antelope I haven’t drawn an antelope tag in CO since living hear but 2020 may be the year! In regards to hunting antelope annually our neighbors to the north have lots of opportunity! I have been away from the hunt talk forum for a bit but will be messaging some folks today.

Hi All to clarify on antelope I haven’t drawn an antelope tag in CO since living hear but 2020 may be the year! In regards to hunting antelope annually our neighbors to the north have lots of opportunity! I have been away from the hunt talk forum for a bit but will be messaging some folks today.

Makes more sense, I do the same thing while waiting for the points to add up.

I'm just outside of Denver and fairly new to CO. I haven't been hunting in close to 20 years when I was a kid. I had a friend get me into duck hunting this past year and am now wanting to get into deer, elk, and antelope again, but don't have anyone to go with or really reeducate me on them. I would be down to try to set something up but am pretty green since it's been so long.

I live in your area. Shoot me a pm. I am always up to go hunting and fishing. My fishing buddy passed away last year, so I have been going at it solo. Which is ok, but it's better to share the experience with someone. I hunt just about everything also.

If you want to hunt plains deer in area 107 I can get permissions fast and might think about 2021 Colorado plains deer hunt. That area hunting in blinds works the best but I know a few gullies where some hiking will kick some nice ones out.

Back