Ford F-250

buffybr

I've had a Ford F-250 pickup since 1972. My current one is a 1997 with a 7.3 liter Powerstroke that I bought in the fall of 1996 when diesel fuel was $1.19 a gallon. Back then I was pulling a 2 horse trailer and I bought a 8.5' slide in camper for it. A great hunting rig!

The slide in camper is great except for getting off surfaced roads, so I also have a topper that I use for many of my solo hunts. Here we are at sunrise on opening morning of antelope season last year in SE Montana...
qpLpVJDl.jpg

That generation of Ford pickups was probably the best looking and you still see a lot on the road today. I had a 92 F-150 that I traded in many years ago for essentially nothing, but I was mostly broke so it made sense at the time. Wish I could get that one back. I heard one of those 7.3s at a stoplight yesterday and that grumble is gold!

Lotta love out there for the 7.3. I had one and miss her terribly!

I sleep in my topper too, but I only have a 6'9" box.

Had 99 F250s w/7.3, then as years progressed 6.0's, 6.7's, all work trucks. We have to run our trucks for a certain amount of time in our shop, still remember the burning eyes, exhaust fan had to run. The 6.0 was a great truck, after $$$$$ spent to modify the Ford engineering. The 6.7 in another Ford engineering marvel, cleaner but.... Not sure why I keep buying but I still prefer diesel over gas.
Would not recommend anyone buy a diesel for leisure. Just my opinion.

Diesel trucks are the new Subaru WRX. I mean I get it, they are cool. But its getting harder to find good clean stock examples out there.

Back