Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

For what it's worth poached sheep

powderburn

Just putting this out there because one never knows who reads what.

Authorities hunting bighorn sheep poacher
Last Updated: Thursday, February 15, 2007 | 5:36 PM MT
CBC News
Fish and wildlife officers are hoping the public can help them track down a poacher who killed five bighorn sheep near Pincher Creek in southern Alberta.

The animals were discovered on Dec. 22 and Jan.14, with the two ewes left to rot and the heads and capes of three rams removed, district officer Perry Abramenko said.

Someone is likely looking to sell the trophies on the black market, he said.

"Depending on the buyers and where these bighorn sheep heads end up, or where they try and sell them, they could fetch anywhere from several hundreds to several thousands of dollars."

Bighorn sheep hunting, which is only allowed in certain parts of Alberta in late summer and fall, requires a licence. Hunters killed 213 of the animals in the 2006 hunting season.

Poaching on a first offence is punishable by a fine of up to $50,000 a year, imprisonment or both — for each animal killed.

Abramenko urged anyone who knows anything about the poaching should telephone the poacher reporting line at 1-800-642-3800.

I hope the athorities got DNA samples to link the horns to the individual animals if they get a chance.

there is a $10,000.00 reward being offered for information leading to the arrest of a poacher who killed a bighorn in the lower owyhee hunt unit of oregon in january

Powder burn.... I read nothing but Hunttalk for my news.. thanx for posting that here !!!

50k for each animal killed ?!?!?! Way to go Alberta !!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back