For those wanting more proof of the craziness

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone thinking the Bundy movement is going away might want to read pieces such as this. I get emailed a lot of strange content related to public land issues, but this one is further out in the weeds than most I receive. The land transfer movement and the Bundy leg humpers always quote McIntosh as some sort of expert on the issues, so if you are not aware of him and his theology, you might be well served to do some research.

“Grazing allotments are private property – they are split estates. The government owns the mineral rights and the commercial timber rights and the rancher owns valuable land for grazing and stock water rights.” Angus McIntosh, executive director of Grazing Allotment Owners Association

Article link here - http://www.tsln.com/news/this-land-is-whose/

Brace yourself for a lot more of this kind of craziness to emerge.

Fin, I hope you are way off base but my intuition tells me your assessment is probably spot on.

In his deluded privatization "reality"...

The BLM grazing leases specifically state:

THIS GRAZING PERMIT:1. CONVEYS NO RIGHT, TITLE OR INTEREST HELD BY THE UNITED STATES IN ANY LANDS OR RESOURCES

43 U.S.C. sec. 315b - Grazing Permits.

So far as consistent with the purposes and provisions of this subchapter, grazing privileges recognized and acknowledged shall be adequately safeguarded, but the creation of a grazing district or the issuance of a permit pursuant to the provisions of this subchapter shall not create any right, title, interest, or estate in or to the lands.

These people are doing themselves more harm than good.
They can very quickly change people's opinion from 'responsible public land grazing is acceptable' to 'im tired of subsidizing a stranger's business for meat that I don't eat. Kick him off.'

Anyone who listens to McIntosh and agrees with his concepts of what grazing rights are has a few screws loose in the noggin!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back