For the Sheep Lovers

jabber

Dessert bighorn ram hunting permits to be auctioned at WildLife 2011
The annual convention for the Texas Wildlife Association will be held Saturday July 9 at 7 p.m. at the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort and Spa. The live auction items are offered by the Texas Wildlife Association Foundation, which will donate 90 percent of the auction’s gross revenue to the TPWD Desert Bighorn Program for restoration, management and research. The other 10 percent of the funding will go to support TWAF and its charitable, scientific and educational pursuits. The hunting permit is valid for one desert bighorn ram at the Elephant Mountain Wildlife Management Area in Brewster County for a 10 day maximum hunt between November 1, 2011 and July 21, 2012. The permit includes a first-class camp with lodging, meals, guide services and no-site transportation. Hunters are allowed to bring one non-hunting companion on the trip. For more information about this auction item contact Texas Wildlife Association CEO Gary Joiner at (210) 826-2904 or [email protected].

What's the opening bid? Maybe I could be in it for one bid, but I'm pretty sure my hunting budget ain't gonna quite cover the winning bid. It does sound like a good hunt though.

Fishing4sanity,

I think the bids go up to like 75k plus. I had a buddy who 3yrs ago went to bid on it and was out in the first 3mins. with a 20k bid. He has since just continued to put in for Bighorn in Colorado like a do, every year.

Back