Caribou Gear

FOR SALE: SCOPE RING LAPPING BAR 30mm

antelopedundee

I was in need of a bar to lap a set of 30mm scope rings. Since Sinclair units are like $50 or so plus shipping I ended up buying a 30mm carbon steel bar that's almost 20 inches long. I was thinking of getting it cut into 3 equal pieces [Sinclair bars are 8 inches] since it's too long as is. So I was wondering if anyone here would be interested in one of the pieces. It won't have a handle like the Sinclair units. I'd be asking $15 for a piece shipped in a small flat rate box.

Message me here or email to [email protected] if interested.

Good idea.
I had a scope mount malfunction on my 6mm and used a 1" wooden dowel that was very straight.
My problem was the holes in the receiver are not straight to the barrel.
I have to use windage mounts/rings to get it looking in the right direction.
I used a 3 foot dowel so I not only get the rings straight but to get them to be straighter to the barrel.
What I'm getting at is maybe your 20" bar is a good thing to make sure the mounts are in the right spots....

Good idea.
I had a scope mount malfunction on my 6mm and used a 1" wooden dowel that was very straight.
My problem was the holes in the receiver are not straight to the barrel.
I have to use windage mounts/rings to get it looking in the right direction.
I used a 3 foot dowel so I not only get the rings straight but to get them to be straighter to the barrel.
What I'm getting at is maybe your 20" bar is a good thing to make sure the mounts are in the right spots....

Gotchya!

I can't recall ever having that issue with my other 700s, but there's always a first time. One can always get a 3 foot 1 inch diameter dowel and wrap it so that it's snug in the 30mm rings and at least eyeball it to see if it's straight. I have a Leupold one piece base on it now and if/when I ever get it back from the stocker I was planning on using Weaver style rings. Generally, one wants to use up as little of the scope's adjustment range as possible.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heddenbk
Back