For reloading geeks -

Calif. Hunter

Here is the 150 gr, .308 Hornady Interbond recovered from my buck. Impact was at 100-125 yards from a .300 Win Mag. Impact velocity was about 30-06 muzzle velocity (load's muzzle velocity = 3250 FPS). Retained weight was 136 gr or approx 91 %. Expansion was .83 at widest part. Penetration was about 2 feet of deer. The deer wilted on the spot - DRT.

interbond2.jpg

interbond1.jpg

interbond3.jpg

Pretty impressive performance, I think.

Not bad.. Hard to beat the interbond. tried some out of my 300 RUM but couldn't get the groups. Came together though with the sciroccos.

Hi Ridge runner, How has the sciroccos preformed for you?You said they grouped well, Have you recovered any from game? I am trying the 180 gr. accubonds, tryed the barnes triple shocks, couldnt get them to group. Any other suggestions?

arffdog875.. I had a savage model 116 in the 300 RUM. I just happened to buy a box of the remington 300 RUM scirrocos to try out. Well they ended up being VERY accurate out of that gun. Actually SMOA. Went and ordered 6 more boxes from the same batch numbers as I figured I couldn't beat the accuracy even by reloading. With that rifle and load I took 0ne 6x6 elk at 200yds. Bullet performed flawlessly and one dead elk and a pass through. Next took a nice sized California Muley/ Blacktail at 418 yds. Same performance bang flop through the vitals and a pass through. Bullet ended up in the tree behind the deer but was unable to dig it out. Anyways I would highly recommend this bullet and the remington factory loading for it. Note that it is there full power load. Since though I have traded that rifle for a 340 WBY Mag and have picked up some Accubonds in 225 and 250 gr to try to work up a load for it. So far with wby factory loads it is showing promise as far as being a shooter. Anyways what caliber are you using? If you have the RUM and are looking at factory loadings give those remington scirrocos a try. Good luck.

Attachments

• Deer hunt 2007 013.jpg
    Deer hunt 2007 013.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 156
  • Deer hunt 2007 012.jpg
    Deer hunt 2007 012.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 163
  • First one.jpg
    First one.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 160
Ridge, I'm using the Rem Factory150 Scirroc's in a 7 RUM. Haven't used em on a critter yet but they are very accurate. Will try em on hogs and whitey & maybe a Co muley this fall.

...nice pics.

NHY. Thanks on the pics. You will be pretty happy with them I am sure. Good luck this coming season. What part of CO you hunting. I have 5 pts I am going to burn next year on deer. Haven't been back in awhile. Great state.

Back