Caribou Gear Tarp

Foot Hold/Connibear Trap Ban.

I suspect that a lot of the opposition to the traps is not fur trapping, but the occasions where a pet has wandered off the trail and met with its end or been seriously injured by a trap. Setting traps in areas where folks hike with their dogs is asking for this to happen, and explode on the local and regional, and via social media, national "wire" - viral, I think it is. I don't worry about my Airedales much, but my Rat Terrier would not pass the conibear test if one were set near a trail. It doesn't take many sets close to human traffic to end up winning a publicity award.

Hopefully the bill will crash, quickly, and ideally, permanently.

As mentioned above, much like with hunting, it’s the bad actors that drive a desire for change.

While there may not be a “legal” reason not to set traps in an area where there’s a ton of public use by pet owners, an ethical trapper should know not to set his/her traps in these areas.

And to the people who might argue “I’m not breaking any laws”? You reap what you sow.

Federal legislature determining State game management...
It should be shot down in a blaze of crapola. The only interest I have: to see the D / R votes.

There should be a trapping season for politicians and 330 conibears should be legal set on land for them. Any thoughts on best baits for them?😂

edit: also no limit if you’re skilled enough catch all you can.

There should be a trapping season for politicians and 330 conibears should be legal set on land for them. Any thoughts on best baits for them?😂

edit: also no limit if you’re skilled enough catch all you can.
$5 bill would probably do the trick.

Back