Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

FOID Issues

The Governor of Illinois issued an executive order that states any FOID that is expired is still valid until I believe June 2021 as long as you have applied for renewal. Your expired FOID and proof of renewal application should suffice as a valid FOID.
Yah just talked to a a state policeman today who told me the same thing. He told me if you keep your expired foid and proof of renewal you've got up to 18 months.

Never had a problem with a renewal when I lived in IL. Took about 4-6wks. I assume they (IL state police) are backlogged and the OP was from another country. That is a receipt for disaster. Sorry he to endure the delay.
Yah you used to be able to set your watch to right at 3 weeks. There extremely understaffed from my understanding and so many more gun sales recently.

@nick87
So a couple months ago I got an email reminding me my foid card expires dec 1st, followed the link to renew, tried to create an account, get the message that my email is already in use and I remember I must’ve already made one when I bought my house 5 years ago in order to change my address.
I go back to the login screen, put in my email and phone # for password recovery, hit submit and wait for a text or email to reset the password.
It never comes
“F it, I’ll do it later”

Fast forward to today.
I try the password recovery again, no luck.
I email them and get an email back saying that if you haven’t signed in since October 20 2020 the password recovery features won’t work for you.
And that you need to call customer service to regain access to your account.
(Shouldn’t there be a pop up when you submit for password recovery that references this?)
I call customer service, sit through all the automated bs only to have the robot tell me that I need to email them in order to resolve the issue.

And it’s gonna cost me $10 to renew.

Glad this isn’t a hassle.
Are there places you don’t hav to do this?

Can’t get the social security card website to work either.
Took like 5 pics of my license before getting a try again at another time message.

Gonna be a good day
😑

Are there places you don’t hav to do this?
Yah there's 48 other states. Which probably all have less gun violence than this shit hole we call home.

I had the exact same problem. Local gun shop up here is owned by a retired state cop, he made a couple calls for me. Otherwise I have no idea how I would have resolved it.

Welcome to Illinois!! Most on here wont know what a foid is were the only state with this. Keep trying to reach the state police office. They had a large layoff because of the state's financial situation so everything is backed up. Your not alone I know of three other people who have applied for a renewal or change of adress and are in the same boat. Pretty sad. A little food for thought, if you lose your foid card or it is damaged and you apply for lost/damaged card the card you have/had is now in void. Meaning that the 70 days or 170 days or however long it is you are now an illegal gun owner in the state of Illinois!
YEP! Had a similar experience with my replacement card. 170 days not unusual. My suggestion is always have a valid FIOD card owner with you when transporting. I did end up transporting a couple times but had photo of my old lost card along with the confirming Email from ISP after my application was received. just hoped for an understanding LEO in the event I was stopped for any reason.

Good news is your paying a ton of money for all that service from the state.
Cheer up bud.
Look on the bright side, We’ve got another straight week of rain headed our way!!!
3/4 weeks of straight rain in October!
Youuuuuuuu!!!
I love it here!

Cheer up bud.
Look on the bright side, We’ve got another straight week of rain headed our way!!!
3/4 weeks of straight rain in October!
Youuuuuuuu!!!
I love it here!
We need it up here something terrible plus if it rains I've got the day off to hunt.😉

We need it up here something terrible plus if it rains I've got the day off to hunt.😉
I wish I could send all the rain we get to other places.
My lawn mower is about worn out from this summer and if we get 2” Sunday with more rain in the forecast for Monday, Tuesday and Thursday idk when we’ll get back in the fields.
June...

Wow, I’ve lived a sheltered existence in Montana and Wyoming. My last handgun purchase took all of 5 minutes and I could have carried it concealed out of the store if I wanted to.
Yup,

I bought a Blackhawk at Black Sheep in Lewiston, Idaho. They threw in a box of ammo with every purchase. . Out the door before you could say, "4473"

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back