Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

fletching?

lanetaxidermy

Just wanted to see what kind of fletching everyone use's. I shoot a PSE DNA with FMJ arrows with 2 inch Blazer vanes. Do you think I would get more stability with 4 inch vanes at longer yardage with broadheads. I shoot 100 grain Thunderheads. Just wanna see what everyone's thoughts are...Tom

No. There will be more error from the shooter than your vanes at longer distance, doesn't matter how good you are!

Key is in the tuning. If ones arrow comes out sideways from torque or tune the fixed blade will plane. Low profile blades such as the shuttle-t and/or more helix can also make a good amount of difference at long range. I really like blazers, happy shooting.

Thunderheads are a good blade but are problematic with higher speeds. You will get more stability with more vane but how much is debatable. You will also get more stability with a tighter twist on your vanes, such as a helical. Tight twist are harder to do on smaller vanes such you will likely just use a strong offset. You could also go to a four vane setup. I prefer smaller vanes, fletch flex brand, and I shoot slick tricks. Tuning of both the bow and arrows is key to distance accuracy. The shooter is almost always the weak link and it general stems from a poor grip, that and inconsistant anchor points.

I use to shoot 4 in vanes with strong helical with great results.Then went to blazers because the direction archery was headed and was not happy with the result they gave me.It seemed to me that I was running the line on controlling my broadhead at higher speed.
I bare shaft tune then apply fletch so the fletching doesn't have to work twice as hard to control my form or release imperfections.That said....I believe and have experienced a strong helical with 4in vanes to control form flaws at the moment of truth on most all fixed blade heads.

I really like the Fusion vanes with a full right helical, and truth be told I have had really good luck with rocket broadheads.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back