Fletching Jig

1_pointer

I was wondering what fletching jigs you guys would recommend? I would like to start using feathers over vanes, but they tear up enough that I don't want to have to run to the bow shop everytime I needed some work done. What is a good, relatively inexpensive jig that does RH helical??

Also, does anyone here make up their own arrows from bare shafting?

1-pointer the bitzenberger is the best in my opinion there a little more expensive than most but the money you will save by building your own arrows will off-set the cost! you also can do more than one at a time!

i have an arizona fletcher for quick fixes in the field and it works o.k. too !

have fun building your own arrows
biggrin.gif

------------------
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore take, I pray thee, thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and take me some venison
fef8b783.gif.orig.gif

I agree with DKO on this one. I own the Bitzenburger dial-O-fletch, or somehting like that and love it. It has the ability to have a slight helical with the straight clamp, and additional left and right wing helical clamps can be purchased. I have fletched a few dozen aluminum arrows, and done many repairs on ones with vanes shot off. It can get expensive after awhile (buying a new nock receiver for prong style rests, new clamps, etc.) but the satisfaction of building your own arrows, and being able to do your own repairs on the spot is priceless.

------------------
~DAN~

hntr_trap.gif

I use feathers also, and I would go with what the others said about the biz it's the best. You will be passing that thing down to your grand kids.

Back