MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Flatlander's First Elk Tag: CO 49

Hey Roamin,
I live just south of you in Oregon. I have been elk hunting in Colorado since the mid 80s. I have 3 boys, two of them with 17pts for deer and elk, and my youngest has 12 for deer and elk. We are doing the same thing. Each of the next 3 years they are burning their pts and then start getting 1 to 2 tags a year. Hunting in low point areas we found pretty decent sucsess. Waiting 15 to 20 years to hunt a "Trophy Unit" is over. Its more fun to hunt every year. I'm still waiting on a sheep tag 23 years and counting, my boys will be pushing me up the hill in a wheelchair!
I actually live on the west side of Lake Waubesa by Goodland and Lalor Rd. If I am lucky enough to have children they will be getting points day 1! Ha.

Randy Newberg changed my philosophy a few years ago, why wait to draw premier units when you can hunt a lot of good units and make memories! I am basically doing a 5yr tag ladder in western states.

Let me know if you guys ever want to meet up and do the Oregon sportsman club bow tournaments? I usually go to them every month in the summer.

I actually live on the west side of Lake Waubesa by Goodland and Lalor Rd. If I am lucky enough to have children they will be getting points day 1! Ha.

Randy Newberg changed my philosophy a few years ago, why wait to draw premier units when you can hunt a lot of good units and make memories! I am basically doing a 5yr tag ladder in western states.

Let me know if you guys ever want to meet up and do the Oregon sportsman club bow tournaments? I usually go to them every month in the summer.
Small world, we shoot trap and archery at the the club. I have multiple friends that live down on the lake.

With 3 boys and a son in law, this out west hunting is becoming a fulltime job! {Fun job)

You doing the "Beast Mode Archery Challenge" this weekend?
www.beastmodearcherychallenge.com

I didn't make it either, we were without power for 24 plus hours from Friday nights storm. I was hooking up generators to our fridge and freezers all afternoon.
The three boys went, said it was good time. They only lost or broke half a dozen arrows!

Rick

I didn't make it either, we were without power for 24 plus hours from Friday nights storm. I was hooking up generators to our fridge and freezers all afternoon.
The three boys went, said it was good time. They only lost or broke half a dozen arrows!

Rick
Same here, we had water in our basement, so I was dealing with that most of the weekend. Glad they had fun!

Dan

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back