• Thank you for creating an account on Hunt Talk! We require that all new users contribute at least 10 posts before gaining the ability to start new threads. Once you have made 10 posts, you will be able to start new threads in the forum.

Fishn waders and boot suggestions please

Muskeez

So, I've pretty much decided on the Simms stocking foot waders for my son and new bride but I have no clue on which boots to get them. So many choices on weights and tread materials. Don't want to break the bank so $100-$175 should be sufficient I hope. Any knowledgeable guys or gals here to help me choose? they will be fishing streams in Colorado mostly. Thanks!

Big Sky

I have been through this before. I settled on Korker's Wading Boots. Mostly because they have interchangeable soles, that are easy to switch out. Rather having to buy different boots with different soles, for different conditions. I love my Korker's and even got a pair of insulated for winter times activities. They are perfect for ice fishing and keep my feet warm and dry, plus with the spiked soles I can dance a jig on slick ice and never ever sort'a slip. Oh and btw, great choice on the waders. I've been through quite a few different brands of waders and my Simms are the best so far. I will likely stay with Simms for as long as I'm alive and they are a company.