FISHING pole...

lilbiggun

I dont fish, but you would be stupid not to take one. It doesnt have to be fancy. Alot of good trout streams or if your near a salmon river
eek.gif

Ovis

Bring a take down rod, whether it is a fly rod or bubba rod, bring something just in case. A few ounces aren't gonna hurt you. I've regretted not taking one a few times in the past.

smile.gif
vis

Moosie

Grand poopa
The lakes that they are going to drop us off for 'bou they said might have a 30% chance or less of fish.. something about the size of the lake freezing solid duriong the winter or something... BUT, durring the moose portion there is a good chance to catch fish.. They recomended bringing a pole...

MY though is on a Moose hunt, I ain't gonig to be fishing. I'm packing if I got lucky and if I didn't get lucky I'm Hikeing and HUNTING !!!

BUT, maybe I might be at camp on the river for a few hour lunch one day and Regret not having a line to throw in the water.... ?!?! ANY thoughts on that ?

BW

I'd agree, take a small rod and reel combo.

Shakespear make some telescoping rods that pack down to about 18 inches, yet extend to 6'6 inches. Combined with a small, but quality spinning reel would be all you need for graying, etc.

Like I mentioned before, since your flying in, take the luxury items.

Moosie

Grand poopa
DONE deal on the Fishing pole.. I'm guesing we'll take one between the 2 of us, unless we jsut have our weight so light we need to fill it
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

What do you guys use as bait ? And fishing techniques ?

Elkhunter

Shakespear make a pack combo rod & reel Moosie. It is a 4 or 5 piece rod and comes with a spinning reel and a fly reel. Get a few spinners and some flies and you are all set.
wink.gif
cool.gif

Moosie

Grand poopa
I actually went down to Sportsmans and seen a few type of inexpensive poles that go real small.... I think I'm just going to pick one of them up.

Elkhunter

I screwed up yesterday Moosie. I had in my hand a combo, spinning and fly rod that was 5 peices and only about 15-18 inches in lenght when broken down. Came in a cloth carrying case. Cost was $3. There was also a 4 piece one. There were fly reels and spinniing reels for $1 each. After we left I thought about you and when we made it back they were gone.
frown.gif

All I can say is, Sorry
frown.gif

But I did get myself a $235 fly reel for $20 though.
smile.gif
A genuine Hardy Bros. fly reel.
smile.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnnyL