Fish and GAME tags.....

Moosie

Grand poopa
I don't know what it's like in other states... but in IDAHO.... WE get a tag for everything....

1st, I buy a hunting/fishing combo, this piece of paper is 2.5" wide and about 8" long (NO jokes here ;))

THEN I get a Turkey tag, a Deer TAG, a ELK tag, A bear tag, steelhead, cougar..... MAN the list goes on.... Each tag is like 3.5" x 2.5"...... I also have to buy a archery stamp, waterfoul stamp, upland game, federal this, state that...... I need to get a Baiting permit, a hound hunters permit, muzzleloader stamp..... Actually I'm sure I buy more but can't remember them all...

I've in the last few years just bought a sportsmans pack that has 90% of the stuff in it and tell them I need everything I had last year......

I then grab a ZIP lock bag and put ALL these things in it. That-a-way I know I have everything I need for the hills when I go and it's all waterproof.....

I guess I was just wondering how big a book y'all have in the states you hunt.... I know HEre It is almost SILLY !!!!

I need an elk tag, a deer tag, a bear tag......... ect, ect. A tag for all species big game. A tag for fishing. A tag for small game and birds. A Wy. consevation stamp and the Federal Migratory stamp.

Here we just buy a hunting licence.. about the same size...we have to have a trout stamp,colorado river stamp with the adjoining states look just like a duck stamp..
the if we are real lucky and get drawn w get an elktag deer tag(except archery) sheep tag etc.. those are about 1.5 inches by 6" long

Delw

Moose all of our tags WERE the size of yours 2 years ago but now te Fish & ame went to a new computer system.I purchase the bi game package #1.Our license is now the size ofa credit card an our tags are aswell.The package I buy comes with License Elk tag, Deer tag,Bear tag and Cougar tag.I hvent stared small game hunting YET so I don have to purchase the small game license.We have to pick the method that we are going to hun Archery, modern or muzzle loder and we can only hunt those seasons.
Good Huntin-Kraven

We get a hunting license, with upland game stamp, migratory bird stamp and then tags for big game. Pig tags are cheap...you get something like 7 of them for about a buck apiece. Some deer tags are over the counter, but elk and antelope are drawing only (good luck!!!). I don't hunt bear, so I'm not familiar with them. The fishing license and hunting licenses are about 3 x 5, and most stamps just go on the back, like the saltwater stamp or inland waters stamp. The tags are about the same size.

Ah.......when I go home to hunt or fish Louisiana........all I have is a license that resembles a "credit card". It's hard plastic and on the front it says......"Lifetime License Holder"........and it entitles me to hunt or fish for aanything in La free until the day I die.......but I did have to lay down some serious duckies for it :eek:
DS

Unless I draw something special like a moose or sheep tag, I purchase 12 tags every year. They are antelope, deer, elk, lion, bear, fishing, small game, trapping, duck stamp, conservation stamp, bear baiting permit and one nonresident tag for a change of pace.

It would sure be nice if Wyoming would condense all or most of those tags into one as some other states do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back