PEAX Equipment

Firtst Mule Deer success

Fl_SavageShooter

Recent trip to Wyoming second year hunting public land DIY hunt. region M. hiked out and around glassing ended up getting this 4x4 or 5x4 if you add the small 1" eye guard. about 4 mile hike from the truck in the dark. arrived back at truck at 11:45 pm after pack out.
509 yd shot dropped where he was. worked hard after this success to help two fellow hunters for the following 5 days with just a 2x2 for a new hunter with his first deer.
not the biggest but first muley and happy to have done it in a tough region(first time hunting there) and on public land
thanks to st52v fellow member here for the advice and help.

Attachments

• muledeer20141.jpg
    muledeer20141.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 874
Congrats on a nice deer. Also a big"way to go" for helping the others.

yes very good advice here in general and extremely nice that one was willing to share some info to supplement my vast research. I did not go into this blind and spent hours upon hours of research and studying of maps. and one individual was nice enough to confirm and narrow my plan a bit....
st52v not only helped with info but hooked me up with some hard to find bullets i needed to reload for this trip. a class act....

congrats on a great lookin buck! I'm about to go on my 2nd (ever) Montana muley (public land) hunt and have never been able to harvest so I that if/ when I do....it will (hopefully) look as good as yours!

Great to see you have that kind of success, especially if you traveled all the way from Florida. Congrats. Hope many more follow.

Glad I could help and it's great you had a good hunt!! I will be in your state over the next weekend if I had more time we would get together! Talk to u soon!

Nice job...your hooked now!

was hooked last year on my first mule deer hunt which was an unsuccessful hunt but hooked me just being out their in the mule deer country.
already researching and planning next years trip... its an addiction for sure

thanks for the kind comments. and the sharing of others on this site.

was hooked last year on my first mule deer hunt which was an unsuccessful hunt but hooked me just being out their in the mule deer country.
already researching and planning next years trip... its an addiction for sure

thanks for the kind comments. and the sharing of others on this site.

Do some research in Idaho too, great bucks here, along with Wyoming and Montana.... congrats on the buck....
Matt

Do some research in Idaho too, great bucks here, along with Wyoming and Montana.... congrats on the buck....
Matt

thanks did a bit this year was considering it when we didnt get in on region f in wyoming and were scrambling before landing in region m. one of the guys i hunt with has family in north idaho. but was was looking in southeast idaho.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fossil Ridge
Back