First truck and current truck.

First truck was an early 90s F250 power stroke diesel. Man I loved that truck. If I ever won the lottery I’d search for one of those in good shape again just to have for nostalgic value.

Current truck is a 23 tundra. Love that one too… but it’s nothing compared to that F250 in terms of love

First truck was in 1979 - a 1977 Ford F-150 XLT with a 351 modified. It had about 10,000 miles so was like new. It gave me mobility for hunting, fishing, and trapping. Many great Fords followed.

My current truck was a gift from my wonderful wife. A new 2019 Ford F-350 Fx4 Lariat Ultimate Power Stroke crew cab, short bed. It has the works and is supremely capable. This summer went on a long trip in it to buy a new boat.

Attachments

• IMG_2740.jpeg
    IMG_2740.jpeg
    623 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
First was a 1984 Ford Ranger. Bought it new. It was garbage. Current is a 2001 Dodgr Ram 2500, Cummins, 6 sp manual. I love this truck. Hoping that it is my last vehicle.

I also have a 2005 Cadillac Escallade that I bought from my oldest boy to bail him out of debt. It's the truck model. I like it. It needs more work that I want to do, so I am trying to sell it. No one is buying. 20220701_203254.jpg

1st truck my brothers and I had for our little lawn care business in Jr High and HS. It believe it was a 74 or 75. It was pretty beat up and had some cancer. When we went off to college, we sold everything to some kids in town. They sold it to someone else who made a show truck out of it. It was named the Chameleon when we owned it because it was always dirty from our adventures and the white was brown from mud and dust. That green color was something else🤢. Current truck is a 23 Ford Raptor. So smooth and really fun to drive.
IMG_0180.jpeg
IMG_5265.jpeg

My first truck was a '72 Ford F250 that I bought back then. I drove it until the fall of '96 when I bought a new '97 F250 diesel. Back then diesel was $0.75 a gallon.

I put a snowplow on my '72 truck in 1979 and from '96 to about 5 years ago I just used that truck to plow snow. I replaced it with a '94 F250 Ford that is now my snowplow truck.

Here's my '97 truck on opening morning of antelope season a couple of years ago...
qpLpVJDl.jpg

I bought my fist truck bc it was annoying and messy to keep putting dead game in the trunk. (Rigor makes getting the deer out a challenge).
I got a Tacoma for looks, size, familiarity w the brand, and an expectation of good fuel economy.
I called her my trophy wife. She looked pretty but cost me a lot of $$.
I now drive a GMC Sierra and prefer the size, room, and amenities.
That said, the dealer made a big deal about the Skid Plate in the trim package I got. Well, I call it a Skid Napkin bc it was flimsy and I tore it and the front bumper spoiler off within 24 hours grouse hunting on a 2 track.
Other than that I’ve been happy w it.

First, hmm, ‘73 (?) International Scout II. It was as rank as you would expect, fuel fill pipe rusted off at the cap for example. Neither it nor I cared about how it was treated, man that’s liberating in a hunting rig. 36 years of other sport utes followed, had company trucks at my disposal and felt no need to own one.

Driving a ‘20 F-150 now. It’ll carry the old Arctic Cat that it nor I care about treating nicely. IMG_4826.jpeg

First truck was a 1985 Ford Bronco with the 357 Windsor. Current truck is a new (to me) 1998 Ford F-250 with the 5.4. Drove a hand ful of other rigs in between but love being back in a truck. My '17 Subaru Crosstrek was a great mountain rig too- wife drives that now.

First truck was a 1983 Toy short box. It's one of the rigs in the yard waiting for a frame-off make over. Its been on its side three times now. MRS calls it "Red Green" because I put an odd colored box on it.

Next was a 1988 GMC K3400 long bed. It too is waiting in the yard for some attention. I need to lift off the bed and replace the in -tank fuel pump.

New rig is what my dad calls my "all hat no cattle" truck. A 2017 GMC Sierra SLT half ton.

There is a 1984 long box Toy at in the parking lot where my granddaughter lives. I'm scheming how to get that for her first rig.

First truck was a 86 2 wheel drive Ford Ranger 4 cylinder. Current daily driver now is a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Also have 85 3/4 ton Dodge pickup and a 92 Ramcharger, both only 2 wheel drive.

First truck was a 98 dodge 1500. 2wd 318 v8. I really liked it at the time. I spent a lot of time driving around to fishing spots with this thing.
1706635752446.png

I sold the F250 about a year ago and got a new to me truck.

Chevy Silverado 1500 v6 4x4 Custom. Has everything I need.
1706635903733.png

Its fine.... I dont love it. But that logical part of me talked me out of the Raptor and forced me into a sensible purchase. Plus its been a year and its almost paid for with 30,000 miles. Should of just bought the Raptor. This thing is kinda boring.

Back