Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

First Time Western Hunter from TN

jyoung1901

Hi,

Just wanted to stop in and introduce myself as I have been reading and lurking for a while and love the manner and information on Hunttalk. I have hunted whitetail and ducks for years but in two days myself and a buddy are driving to Montana for our first western hunt ever. We are starting off with a DIY Archery Elk hunt so it will be a challenge, but you have to start learning sometime right? I look forward to learning more and more from the fine folks here on Hunttalk!

Welcome. Don’t let the west intimidate you. I liked it so much three years ago I packed up my shop and moved it to Wyoming.

I hope to never use a tree stand again🤣

Welcome from TN, headed to CO now for smokepole hunt. Be careful, it has a high addiction rate!

Welcome to HuntTalk

May I suggest that you keep good notes about what you experience on your first trip out west......surprises, confirmations, epiphanies and even the mundane.
It will help you write up your adventure for HuntTalk adventure junkies, but it will also help you focus a few moments every day to recall what happens, and when you review them before your next trip out (doesn't even need to be a western trip).

Welcome from TN also. I’m not headed out west this year but will probably have 2 trips to make next year. Good luck and safe travels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back