Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

First time elk hunter in WY

Pedropistola

Howdy,

Got married and moved to Wyoming last summer, getting ready for my first elk hunt ever. Planning on hunting the general tag since I won't get residency until next month. Already got my vacation request in for September and am counting down the days. Having never hunted elk on my own tag, and never at all before in Wyoming, I've been doing a lot of research/escouting online. I've got some spots marked but have no way of knowing if I'm even in the ballpark in terms of elk densities and hunting pressure. I'm planning on hunting units 21 and or 13. Hoping to get it done in September so I can fill my first mule deer tag in October. Let me know if you think you can help, ill send you what I've got so far.

Thanks in advance,

Pete

Pete, go to Wyoming G ame and Fish website. They have a Hunt Planner Section that lists all the success ratios by species by unit

Pete, go to Wyoming G ame and Fish website. They have a Hunt Planner Section that lists all the success ratios by species by unit
I actually just finished a spreadsheet with the new 2019 numbers (they still have the 2018 numbers on the map) 21 still looks pretty good to me but I am looking at 56, 81 and 128 now too

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back