First Southwestern US hunting trip 2022 Oryx (picture heavy)

@fishing4sanity Off range. I have heard it is amazing and am really looking forward to eating it. It is currently at the processor and I think I pick it up early next week. Lord have mercy was that a ton of meat and a bear to keep frozen as I went though NM, TX, etc. Dry ice to the rescue, and a lot of it.
32 oryx seen off range, sounds like a hell of a hunt!

Thanks for sharing, loved it. That country is amazing. I lived in Las Cruces for about a year, but never got to chase them. The landscape was harsh that's for sure.

Thanks for sharing, loved it. That country is amazing. I lived in Las Cruces for about a year, but never got to chase them. The landscape was harsh that's for sure.

@HighDesertSage You ain't lying. Everything wanted to stick me, make me bleed, etc. Push myself off the ground, get stuck. Take my boots off, get stuck with thorns off something stuck to my pants. I think NM was crazy with the amount of thorns and such. I am used to briars that will trip you and make you bleed, but the stuff in the high desert was stealthy about it. I will be back though. I am not giving up on NM, too beautiful and rich with wild game.

@HighDesertSage You ain't lying. Everything wanted to stick me, make me bleed, etc. Push myself off the ground, get stuck. Take my boots off, get stuck with thorns off something stuck to my pants. I think NM was crazy with the amount of thorns and such. I am used to briars that will trip you and make you bleed, but the stuff in the high desert was stealthy about it. I will be back though. I am not giving up on NM, too beautiful and rich with wild game.
:ROFLMAO:It's no joke. I had some BLM across the street from where we lived, and I would go out there and run the dogs, and hunt quail/doves. I had to get my dogs boots and vests just so they didn't get poked a million times.

Very cool hunt! Nice to see some pics from the off range hunt that can show the landscape. Congrats!

@fishing4sanity Off range. I have heard it is amazing and am really looking forward to eating it. It is currently at the processor and I think I pick it up early next week. Lord have mercy was that a ton of meat and a bear to keep frozen as I went though NM, TX, etc. Dry ice to the rescue, and a lot of it.
My dad and I got one on each on range in late January and we have had a few steaks so far and it is the best meat we have had. Congratulations on a great memory sir

Congrats! I had the offrange tag in March, spent a week and only saw 10, only two of those offrange. Luckily one was a bull that we were successful on. The quantity of animals you saw is impressive, great bull too! Country down there is worth the trip, what a bonus there is free range African game to chase on public land!

My dad and I got one on each on range in late January and we have had a few steaks so far and it is the best meat we have had. Congratulations on a great memory sir

@nmassey I agree about the memories. I really enjoy hunting in new states in areas that I have never been to. I think I pick up meat early next week. It was a little difficult to find a processor real close. They are all mostly closed up tight until deer season.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back