First Solo Backpack Hunt....Advice

The first few days are easy. Boredom gets to me after that. Hunting is as much about comradery as it is killing something for me.

Really nothing to be afraid of. The odds of a bear attack in your tent are lower than a tree falling on you while you sleep. No sense in being baranoid if that's what you're worried about. Just be smart about your choices when moving around sketchy stuff. In bear country, keep your eyes and ears open. Keep your sat comms handy, not the bottom of your pack or left in camp.

Good luck and have a good time.

Keep in mind the sun rises a lot later and sets a lot earlier in November than it does in September. Bring something to occupy your mind. Unisom is your friend.

Another vote for Darn Tough socks. I never thought I would pay $25 for a pair of socks. I just bought 4 more pairs with a $100 Sportsman's Christmas gift card.

Love my SKRE gear. Both wool and synthetic. I mostly wear it in September but it also performed well in November on the Kiabab. I haven't tested it in zero temps, and I never intended to.
I love my SKRE! I have used it from August through December guiding for the last 5 years in every temp. and have not been disappointed yet.

Contemplating my first solo backcountry hunt and looking for advice on that. Never solo backpacked either and am a tad nervous of how I will feel that first night when the sun goes down. Feel like after that first night things will be fine, but any advice on ways to put oneself at ease?
“All the gods, all the heavens, all the hells are within you.”

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back