First scouting trip

hardscrabble

I was able to sneak away for a evening and morning scout in the badlands last weekend. It is very green again this year with all the moisture. As a whole deer numbers are down again from last year. I only saw a handful of bucks but it was still a ton of fun to be back out. Hope you all enjoy the pics even though I couldn't find a giant.
Scouting6-18-11[1].jpg
Scouting6-18-111[1].jpg
Scouting6-18-1120[1].jpg
Scouting6-18-1128[1].jpg
Scouting6-18-1140[1].jpg
Scouting6-18-1143[1].jpg
Scouting6-18-1150[1].jpg
Scouting6-18-1154[1].jpg

By far the best part of this short trip was being able to try out my new Myster Ranch Dragon Slayer. I feel like I was living under a rock my whole life, these pack are unbelievable! Two big thumbs up to Seacat and the gang, thank you for all the hard work.
Scouting6-18-1132-1[1].jpg

I just love that country! Some of those boys have been eating well. I will be out in the next couple weeks! I'll post up what I find if anything. Have a great season!

Great pics. I can't wait to get out myself. Although numbers may be down this year, I would expect some great horn growth this year.

How well does that work on a pack out? In other words is it going to kill me not to get a NICE frame?

How well does that work on a pack out? In other words is it going to kill me not to get a NICE frame?

It would depend on what you are packing. Last fall I packed an entire boned out mule deer with this pack. It was an average body size deer. No problems with the three mile pack.

A elk would be a different story. This pack could handle the weight of a hind quarter but it would not fit inside the pack. You would have to leave it unzipped and secure the load with the straps. I have yet to do this but I know it would not be a problem.

This is a great pack for scouting trips and deer hunts. I love the fit and feel of the Mystery Ranch so much that it left me wanting more. My Crew Cab should be at my door tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply. I'll be using it on a mulie hunt so sounds like it'll be perfect!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back