Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

First Rifle Colorado

noharleyyet

Typed in CID # and first words I saw were....Successful/Limited License for 1st Choice Either Sex Unit 81 Rifle.

4 months 1 week & 2 days but who's counting? Yep, I'm pumped. :)

Thanks WH....don't think so but one of the guys from here who was to go with me was unsuccessful. One more bud from here to check yet as soon as he gets his cid # to me. I'm just excited to get a limited chance...maybe not as many hunters as over the counter has been.

WOW, noharleyyet.....Unit 81, a great draw.....big elk there! Are you planning to hunt BLM Lands, State Lands, National Forest, or the South Juan Wilderness?

My wife and I are going there in late July to do a little fishing on the Conejos River and Platoro Reservoir. Will do some scouting & collect some waypoints for the gps also. Was there last year in August & woke each morning to windshield ice and frost. Beautiful place & a welcome escape from the triple digit temps here.

Thanks for the words & good luck to all with your plans.

Congratulations on the tag! Don't hesistate to take a cow unless you are dead set on a trophy and willing to come home empty. Your buddy that didn't draw should check to see if they have leftover cow tags for that season.

Congrats

:D Congrats, we drew in 81 also :D , first rifle ES. Maybe we can all have dinner one night. Let's hope for some early snow. They slayed 'em last first season with a little snow. We alsmost got snowed in second season. That road around the lake has one heck of a drop off and pucker factor in bad weather.

Witchita Falls

Hey did they close that place coming into town from Dallas that had a mean Chicken Fried Steak. Looked like the overpass contruction was pretty much on top of them. Can't remember the name of the place. We looked forward to stopping there every year.

Elkmtb...we were there second season also. Lots of snow was right. The restaurant you refer to was the Pioneer and yes it is closed now but there are several more Pioneers in town still open and they stil have a great saddle blanket chicken fry. PM me when you're coming through. We'll be staying at either the Platoro Lodge or the Conejos Cabins arriving the thurs. before opening sat. Guess you're as pumped as I am.

Pioneer

Yes, Pioneer, that was it. We'll have to look up the other locations.

We won't get to Platoro until late thursday or early early Friday. We haven't decided where we'll stay yet. Last year we ended up leaving a trailer there over winter when the snow storm was coming in Thursday due to a small accident with a huge rock. |oo |oo :BLEEP: :BLEEP:

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back