Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

First one this year

Only encountered one so far this year. I wasn't out much for spring bear season but usually the organic orchards are swarming with them.

Found a couple on my pants in MT turkey season. But I had 3 dug in from my MO trip, and another dozen crawling on me from the first day. After that, all outerwear got a healthy dose of permethrin- no problems after that.

Had to use a magnifying glass to verify what this was. View attachment 226948
The tiny ones are the dangerous ones. I pulled a big dog/wood tick out of my beard last Wednesday. Probably brought in by the dogs. Dog ticks are no worry around here. I understand they can rarely carry Rocky Mountain spotted fever but only one case has ever been reported in Ontario ... and Ontario is a very big place!

I’ve pulled dozens off so far. Was lazy in getting the permethrin treating done on clothes this spring. Finally had enough after I pulled 3 off in the shower on Saturday and got some outfits treated.

We've been picking ticks for two months in central MN... And the mosquitos are the worst I can remember in years! Why do I live in this state??? At least we have water I guess 🤣.

Never had extended cold here this past winter. The dog was picking them up in late February, we use advantix on her and they drop off pretty quickly.
I've pulled 5 off myself so far this year.

This spring has been brutal. Never seen so many ticks up North where I bear hunt. I'd find a dozen on me by the time I would walk to my truck to the tree stand.

Somehow the dog's only brought one in the house though so that's that!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back