Caribou Gear

First one this year

Only encountered one so far this year. I wasn't out much for spring bear season but usually the organic orchards are swarming with them.

Found a couple on my pants in MT turkey season. But I had 3 dug in from my MO trip, and another dozen crawling on me from the first day. After that, all outerwear got a healthy dose of permethrin- no problems after that.

Had to use a magnifying glass to verify what this was. View attachment 226948
The tiny ones are the dangerous ones. I pulled a big dog/wood tick out of my beard last Wednesday. Probably brought in by the dogs. Dog ticks are no worry around here. I understand they can rarely carry Rocky Mountain spotted fever but only one case has ever been reported in Ontario ... and Ontario is a very big place!

I’ve pulled dozens off so far. Was lazy in getting the permethrin treating done on clothes this spring. Finally had enough after I pulled 3 off in the shower on Saturday and got some outfits treated.

We've been picking ticks for two months in central MN... And the mosquitos are the worst I can remember in years! Why do I live in this state??? At least we have water I guess 🤣.

Never had extended cold here this past winter. The dog was picking them up in late February, we use advantix on her and they drop off pretty quickly.
I've pulled 5 off myself so far this year.

This spring has been brutal. Never seen so many ticks up North where I bear hunt. I'd find a dozen on me by the time I would walk to my truck to the tree stand.

Somehow the dog's only brought one in the house though so that's that!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chamoy
Back