First muley buck

Mattff200

On wednesday I was able to connect on my first muley buck. I've lived in Wyoming for almost 3 years and hunted it for 6 years before moving out west. Was the last week of the season so all I was looking for was legal and after hunting all day hiking over 7 miles and being in sustained 40mph winds myself and my cousin in law spotted a group a deer on our way to a place to glass till dark. We decided to get closer because there was a deer acting like a buck but we couldn't see antlers. We got closer and eventually found a buck. I ended up taking a 363 yard shot standing off a tripod for my spotting scope, after we got as close as we could get. I'm not proud but my first shit hit far back on it, second shot went over its back and my last one finished him. Was happy to get my first muley buck and with my cousin in law who was the first person to show me wyoming and everything it has to offer. Also the body on this buck was huge and I was the dumbass who decided to just gut and drag him. Thr picture is from the next morning.31207.jpeg

Sounds like some lessons learned. Congrats on the first buck.
Yeah anyone who has hunted long enough has had a hit they weren't happy with but I did everything I could to make sure he went down quickly. I had also learned things from failures this year as well that helped me get this buck.

Congrats on the buck! Took my first muley this year as well. Their bodies are definitely way bigger than a souther whitetail.

Congrats on the first muley buck, good job staying to task when you realized the first hit wasn't good.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back