First hand Covid symptoms

jvanhoy

Well I’ve lost all taste and smell. Very mild sinus symptoms the last 2 days. Bad headache yesterday that I figured was from sinus pressure. Felt fine today but noticed food was bland at dinner. My blood orange beer taste more like water. Sprayed my wife’s perfume and can’t smell it at all. Very strange cause one side of my nose is completely open. 99.1 fever first time I checked but 98.3 now?? Getting rapid test in the morning. Thoughts from those that have had it or been around people that have. Thanks a bunch.

Me my wife and all five of our young kids have all had it, (confirmed test). Everyone had it at different levels and different symptoms. I lost my smell and my taste and had a little congestion. It’s been over two months and I still can’t smell anything which actually worked out OK this past week when I boiled a bunch of skulls for European mounts at my house. I’ve known quite a few people who have had it. It wasn’t that bad for us.

In February. 3 days of fever, and feeling like I got hit by a truck. A cough that last a month and a half. All in all, not really worse than a bad cold, but weird symptoms I had never experienced before like the lack of taste thing, and really strange dreams for a few days.

Attended a wedding in Hawaii Jan 2020. That is when I felt a little "under". Before that vacationing in Mexico 2019. After the wedding, spent a few days in Las Vegas, with a cold/flu. Back in Alaska, I stayed home for three weeks, being knocked off my game, heavy into soup, teas, vitamins. Resting. In my life, I never felt anything like that before. I experienced this before it was news.

I was taken out of my house on a stretcher 4 times and hospitalized for a week to ten days each time. This was after the initial illness. I believe my lungs are permanently damaged, and my EKG continues to show irregularities. Luck of the draw I guess. I am using a nebulizer with Albuterol as I type this. 45 years old, no underlying conditions, and worked out one hour a day, walk or bike. Didn't help.

I was taken out of my house on a stretcher 4 times and hospitalized for a week to ten days each time. This was after the initial illness. I believe my lungs are permanently damaged, and my EKG continues to show irregularities. Luck of the draw I guess. I am using a nebulizer with Albuterol as I type this. 45 years old, no underlying conditions, and worked out one hour a day, walk or bike. Didn't help.
Man that is awful. I hope it turns around for you. I’m going to get tested this morning. Still don’t feel bad just sinus headache and pressure. Still can’t taste hardly anything. Hoping just sinus infection but never remember my taste and smell being this off.

I’m coming out of it I hope. Still can’t taste or smell anything but it’s only been two weeks. Ended up going to urgent care on Saturday because I was really struggling to catch my breath. Ended up having pneumonia in both lungs as well. Pneumonia was far worse than Covid. Wife and brother had similar symptoms as the OP and they are both doing fine. Hits different people in different ways for sure. My advice would be to get checked right away if you are struggling to catch your breath. I waited 3-4 days too long. Antibiotics worked really quickly and by yesterday I was able to walk two loops around the neighborhood. On Saturday I couldn’t make it two steps without stopping. I’m 43, great shape, and no underlying conditions.

Wife ended up bringing it home from work, we both got it. I tested positive but has ZERO symptoms, wife was pretty well laid out for 10 days - fever, cough, body aches, no taste/smell, and some pretty severe fatigue. All the classic symptoms. It took her quite a while to get 100% and back on her feet.

All in all, it sucked, but could have been much worse. Nobody ended up in the hospital, the kiddo didn't get it, and it was a long couple weeks, but we made it through it.

Yikes guys these stories sound terrible. Tonight at midnight is technically the end of my isolation. I'm headed to hunt antelope but to test I'm putting my pack on and going for a ruck in the afternoon. We'll see how far I get but I'm hoping for two 5 mile loops. Not being able to put miles on my feet were worse than being sick. I'll keep my distance from people until I feel comfortable that I'm in the clear but dang it sounds like I had it easy

Wife ended up bringing it home from work, we both got it. I tested positive but has ZERO symptoms, wife was pretty well laid out for 10 days - fever, cough, body aches, no taste/smell, and some pretty severe fatigue. All the classic symptoms. It took her quite a while to get 100% and back on her feet.

All in all, it sucked, but could have been much worse. Nobody ended up in the hospital, the kiddo didn't get it, and it was a long couple weeks, but we made it through it.
You're the only person I've heard say that their wife got it worse than they did. Every guy I know who had it had much worse symptoms than their wife, or children. Glad you're all out of it, now!

I've had it and was close to hospitalization. I still feel the pressure in my chest which makes it hard to breathe sometimes. Its been months since I've been cleared but its still nerve-wracking

I’m coming out of it I hope. Still can’t taste or smell anything but it’s only been two weeks. Ended up going to urgent care on Saturday because I was really struggling to catch my breath. Ended up having pneumonia in both lungs as well. Pneumonia was far worse than Covid. Wife and brother had similar symptoms as the OP and they are both doing fine. Hits different people in different ways for sure. My advice would be to get checked right away if you are struggling to catch your breath. I waited 3-4 days too long. Antibiotics worked really quickly and by yesterday I was able to walk two loops around the neighborhood. On Saturday I couldn’t make it two steps without stopping. I’m 43, great shape, and no underlying conditions.

Pneumonia is one of the co-morbidities, since the virus reduces lung function and allows the pneumonia infection to take hold. That's why doctors were prescribing antibiotics along with the antivirals/antiretrovirals in the early days- it was to combat the secondary bacterial infection, not the virus.

I have several friends that have had it- most of them were 103 degree fevers or worse, terrible body aches, struggled to walk to the kitchen- and they were told to stay out of the hospitals. Mostly around 28 to 30 years old. Jury is still out on whether or not they have permanent damage. This thing is no joke, even if you're young, healthy, and in shape.

My great uncle went to the hospital twice for the same bout. Buddy lost his grandmother. Older folks, sure, but still pretty darn healthy. Not good.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back