Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

First go at brats

@Jamen looking at those racks I'm guessing you've git a homemade smoker? Love to see the build if so. I need to expand.
So this was an old warmer I got for free. I took the electronics out of the bottom. I use a turkey fryer propane cooker for heat, cast iron pan on top for the chips. I had stainless rods cut to size to fit in the slots. It is made to fit full sheet pans. I have a dozen of those that are perforated. So if you're doing jerky or things like that. I could probably fit over 20 trays in there. But for sausage and pepper sticks and summer sausage I hang it from the rods.

Attachments

• 20240327_183856.jpg
    20240327_183856.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • 20240327_183924.jpg
    20240327_183924.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
So this was an old warmer I got for free. I took the electronics out of the bottom. I use a turkey fryer propane cooker for heat, cast iron pan on top for the chips. I had stainless rods cut to size to fit in the slots. It is made to fit full sheet pans. I have a dozen of those that are perforated. So if you're doing jerky or things like that. I could probably fit over 20 trays in there. But for sausage and pepper sticks and summer sausage I hang it from the rods.
I dig it. Thanks for sharing. It's on my long list of projects.

Looks just like my old man's setup, except his has a split door so you can add sawdust to the cast iron on the turkey cooker without letting the heat out of the cabinet. Great way to go!
I have a small drop down door at the bottom i can reach in and grab the pan and add more! just didnt take pictures of that i guess haha

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rds
Back