Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

First Euro Mount

Danson In The Desert

My hunting buddy's first Coues deer.
This little Coues spike refused to leave the draw we were set up on. It spent almost an hour having a bambi-esque afternoon chasing and getting chased by yearling does.
I told my buddy I'd give him grief if he shot it and he'd never live it down if he let it walk.
When it was all said and done he was gonna trash the head so I offered to make him a permanent memorial and reminder of what he'd done.
Side note, bambi was delicious.

20190617_113317.jpg

I couldn't get the skulls as white as I wanted so I finished them off with a little white spray paint. Not sure how durable that will be, but I'm happy with how the rest of it turned out.

Great job! Long after the collected trophy is dusty and perhaps moth-eaten, you and your buddy will still have memories of this adventure. May become his most-prized relic. Coues hunting is addictive. Have been twice in AZ and once in NM. Close to being able to draw a December tag again in AZ. Welcome to the forum.

After the semi success I had cleaning skulls the last two years I've been wanting to try different looks for my euro mounts.
I decided to stain last years coues cause I love the wood look. I also have a cow(beef cow) skull that I plan to stain next.
20210614_114339.jpg20210614_114419.jpg20210614_114437.jpg
The pictures make the buck look larger than he really is.

Back