Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

First Elk Finally!

Great story and pics. The joy of the hunt is not in the kill, but in the experience and adventure.

One of the best feelings you will ever have in this world and a story to tell forever. Welcome to the addicted, helpless, daydreamers world of elk hunting. If you think you had it bad before this elk, think again. It's just starting!

I love the photo of you leaning over on your sissy sticks! Aching back, calves, knees, lungs, quads and the thoughts of "what the hell was I thinking" going through your head (always something you dread but somehow embrace and love)!

Congratulations on your first elk. Thanks for sharing the story as it is a reminder to all of us old timers of our first time and an inspiration to those just starting out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job, can't imagine how you must have felt after the length of time it took you to bring one down.

Thanks for the write-up and sharing the pics. Great to hear how you and Grant figured things out and made it work!

Nothing "small" about that bull. Very nice. And I would remind you that a "novel" is fiction. You could write a tome or volume and I would be fine with it. Nothing wrong with your writing either.

Great feel-good story and awesome bull. Great write up and photos as well. Congrats! Glad someone resurrected this thread!

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back