First archery elk (Mt. Bull)

Thanks for all the kind replies from the HT brotherhood. I've learned so much from so many of you and this form, you're all apart of this successful hunt.

Thought I'd add some more photos.
Here's Gerald just wondering what's he's got himself into AGAIN! Although we used a cart it was still not fun at all.
image.jpeg

Breakfast the morning after taking my bull. We needed this before we went to pack it out.
image.jpeg

Seems as though from some of our past hunts and running low on energy Gerald decided he's eating better, and real food! I think the mountain house experience from Randy11s goat hunt did Gerald in, no more mnt house.
So if you think you want to hunt with Gerald do not offer to pack the suitcase of food to spike camp, although in this case I watched Reuben and Gerald haul it up in Gerald's packinator cart. I must admit, we ate good, and I packed my mnt houses back to the vehicle. And the suitcase was just 1 of 2, no pic of the roll top bag filled with food & goodies!
Really,,,, a bag of potato chips? :hump:
image.jpeg

And Newbery would not accept this activity out of a camera man (hence Gerald wearing camo so he cannot be seen sleeping on the job), now I now why my kill shot was missed!!!!
Seriously though, I'm confident Gerald will put together some awesome footage of our hunt, I believe he got Reuben's kill on film, unfortunately or lucky I left that that morning. And I'm pretty sure there's some nice lens cap "on" footage of my kill, Reuben running camera, the first (day) time elk hunter kinda was having his mine blown away in the chaos.
image.jpeg

Looks like I missed this when you posted Dave! I think I have a good excuse though, since I was butchering my wife's moose. :) You definitely deserved this bull. I'm happy for you. I'll try to add some more pics to this thread as things calm down.
Unfortunately you left just before the work really started again. Reuben was able to connect with a nice 5X6 for his first bull. Taken on his first hunt no less. I suspect he's a bit spoiled for expectation in the future, but he definitely worked his tail off to get it.
I had a great week with two great guys to spend time in the woods with. No complaining and always ready to help out and go the extra distance to get into bulls. It was an epic week for sure and definitely the most calling action I've had yet.
I'm looking forward to the packing payback that I hope will come in a couple weeks!

Attachments

• IMG_9611.JPG
    IMG_9611.JPG
    292.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_9537.JPG
    IMG_9537.JPG
    288.8 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_9567.jpg
    IMG_9567.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_9720.JPG
    IMG_9720.JPG