Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

First Aid/Survival Kit

There's a lot of good things being posted on here. The one thing I always make sure I have on me is duct tape. It's definitely multi-purpose. Use it like medical tape, fire starter, repair split gunstocks, patch clothing and or tent, and I've used it to cover hot spots on my feet to prevent blisters too. There are so many uses for it, definitely worth having.

Neosporin
Chapstick
Anti-Itch Cream
Eye Drops
Lighter
Waterproof Matches
Water Purification Tablets
Emergen-C
Alergy Pills
Sleep Aid
Tylenol Xtra Strength
Bleed Stop
Antiseptic Towlette
Alcohol Prep Pad
Sting Relief Pad
Gauze Pad
Band-Aids
Emergency Space Blanket
Tweezers
Fingernail Clippers
Small Nail File
Small Pocket Knife
Gauze Scissors
Gauze Tape

One thing I haven't seen mentioned is super glue. I cut my shin with an axe on an elk hunt once. Probably should have gotten stiches but super glue and duct tape kept me in the woods. I still have the scare but my girls were teenagers at the time and when I told the story and showed the cut one of there cute little girl friends called me a "real bad ass" so it was worth it.:cool:

Always a good thread to refresh the kit with. Should dig mine out but the bags packed for another go round. One thing is certain I bring a heck of a fire kit incase it gets western. I added some unisome and few other meds to the list as well. A good night sleep is key ive begun to learn.

I guess over time, I've whittled my first aid kit down quite a bit. I think an Ace bandage will replace a whole of everything else when it comes down to it. You can wrap sprains, or use it for a compression wrap for bleeding wounds. Beyond that, I carry a lighter and some wax stuff for fire starting and figure I'll survive beyond that!
As far as first aid I carry that^ plus neosporin and ib profun, and cushioned moleskin tape.

Emergency blanket
Bic lighter
Waterproof matches
Cotton balls with bag balm
Israeli bandage
Leukotape
Petzel E-lite
Small fighing kit
Paracord
Small mirror
Extra set of batteries
Energy bar
Random painkillers
Compass + spare map
I’m sure I’m missing somethings

A little over 1#, but I never worry about anything.

Last year Adventure Medical Kits sent me their Sportsman 400 and a few other items. This year they sent me the Sportsman 100 and 200. I am quite impressed with what is in each of those and how compact some of it can be while still be quite inclusive. What has been a good use of my time has been the Wilderness First Aid Guide that comes with the 200 and 400; something that normally costs $15.95. I burned a lot of time in NV reading up on stuff.

They have asked to sponsor a forum segment about first aid, survival, and other things that we all have concerns about in the backcountry. I am wondering if Hunt Talkers would find value in a forum segment specifically dedicated to first aid, survival, gear necessary for such, etc.

If you want to see their stuff, go to this link - https://www.adventuremedicalkits.com/medical-kits/sportsman.html

Last year Adventure Medical Kits sent me their Sportsman 400 and a few other items. This year they sent me the Sportsman 100 and 200. I am quite impressed with what is in each of those and how compact some of it can be while still be quite inclusive. What has been a good use of my time has been the Wilderness First Aid Guide that comes with the 200 and 400; something that normally costs $15.95. I burned a lot of time in NV reading up on stuff.

They have asked to sponsor a forum segment about first aid, survival, and other things that we all have concerns about in the backcountry. I am wondering if Hunt Talkers would find value in a forum segment specifically dedicated to first aid, survival, gear necessary for such, etc.

If you want to see their stuff, go to this link - https://www.adventuremedicalkits.com/medical-kits/sportsman.html

Hell yeah

Would be a great forum setting. Always a go-to for catching some quality tips.

If a forum segment helped even a single person, it would be worth it. Might be useful for a lot of people if they (or you) could post some videos on how to actually use some of the supplies. So many people have never taken a first aid class.

Back